• Cheltenham

While not the best coffee I have ever had,

I had an excellent espresso at Peaberrys in Cheltenham today,

they roast Gigante Coffee from there.

And would definitely go again.

Craig.

Re: Cheltenham

I agree with your sentiments, CC.

Ive been to Peaberrys a few times when visiting Southland recently and ive been very impressed, both with the coffee itself and the knowledge of the baristas.

Comment

Charles and Sam are great guys, had some good coffee there and my brothers a regular as he works down that way.

Comment

Gigante make a good coffee. I used to buy beans from them - before I discovered home roasting.

A problem with their beans was that they didnt keep record of the roast date.

Comment

Originally posted by 0637233A2F626662560 link=1234958449/3#3 date=1266534146
          A problem with their beans was that they didnt keep record of the roast date.
          Really? That surprises me.

Hopefully its been addressed because im planning on picking up some beans from them when im next in the area, probably going to go for the Black Silk blend.

Comment

I dropped by Peaberrys earlier in the week and i actually think their coffee has gotten even better since my last visit.

Their lattes are absolutely outstanding and clearly their signature drink, whilst their espresso and flat whites were also nice (although the flat white was a little on the hot side).

I also picked up some of their beans (went with the Mokacino blend).

Three coffees and 250 grams of beans and it all cost me about $17.
            Cant beat that for value.

Comment

Working...
            X