Good coffee in Frankston??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good coffee in Frankston??

Ive got 2 weeks staying in Frankston for work - any reccoemndations on where I would be able to get a good coffee?

Re: Good coffee in Frankston??

If youre up at Karingal Im happy to look after you at the Gloria Jeans there

In Frankston itself....theres not much to choose from sadly. Ive tried most there in the past 24 months and nothing has wowed me, but if theres one I overlooked please post it up so I can try it too!

Comment

Try Vada Cafe.

Its a funky little place at 465 Nepean Highway that produces a good quality coffee.
      From memory all profits go to support children in third world nations, too.

Well worth trying.

Originally posted by 5A5053585F45485D545F310 link=1258078471/1#1 date=1258093671
      If youre up at Karingal Im happy to look after you at the Gloria Jeans there Wink
      Haha
      Ive bought the odd soy something or other there for my better half when passing through.
      She has to have soy most of the time and when a quality coffee isnt available she sometimes resorts to the sugary GJs syrups to mask the horribleness of soy.

Comment

Thanks Ristrom,

Appreciate if the guidelines for posting in these threads can be followed. They make these posts much more useful

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1248677416

Comment

My apologies, 2mcm.
          Ill add the extra info now.

Comment

Originally posted by 6A6A6A200 link=1258078471/2#2 date=1263850689
            she sometimes resorts to the sugary GJs syrups to mask the horribleness
            What does she resort to to mask the "horribleness" of the syrups? :-? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 025D455358535F565655555D515E300 link=1258078471/5#5 date=1263854110
              What does she resort to to mask the "horribleness" of the syrups?Huh Grin
              Haha
              I actually tasted the vanilla syrup (yes, she bought one from GJs for at home) last night whilst making a latte for both of us.
              I accidentally put my milk into her vanilla infused shot and one sip was enough for me to bin it.
              It was soooo sweet and overpowering, to the point where i said to her "rather than waste good coffee you may as well just put the syrup into warmed up soy milk and be done with it"

Im becoming a snob.

Comment

Working...
              X