Birregurra General Store - near Colac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birregurra General Store - near Colac

I am down staying with my brother this week on his farm at Birregurra and I have been very impressed with the local general store in the middle of the main street in Birregurra. The owner, Joe has installed a 12KG Diedrich roaster and makes a damn fine coffee on his Victoria Arduino Adonis 3 Group espresso machine.

Joe is a passionate lover of all things coffee and has taken to roasting his own coffee with gusto, the result is quite possibly the best coffee in regional Victoria!

The Birregurra Store does a tasty selection of food as well, with confectionary to have with your coffee through to lebanese pizzas and an interesting range of other nibbles.

Last night Joe invited me to join him for a night on the Diedrich and we roasted about 20KG of beans and drank about 20 coffees as we shared our love and passion for all things coffee related. I was very impressed with Joes knowledge and his willingness to share it with a little home roaster from the other end of the country! Mind you I am feeling the effects today - we didnt finish up until 1:30am!!

I would heartily encourage any coffee snobs travelling west through from Geelong to Colac to stop in at the little town of Birregurra and sample a coffee, you can always pick up some of Joes current roast to take with you as well!

I have uploaded a few shots of the Diedrich and the Adonis for your viewing pleasure!

http://galumay.smugmug.com/X100/roasting

Re: Birregurra General Store - near Colac

I see Joe has sold the general store to concentrate on the roasting.. Great write up on geelongs coffee scene in The Age Epicure yetserday:

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/revolution-brewing-20120319-1vffe.html

Comment

Thanks for the link, good story. I heard rom my brother that he had leased out the General store, apparently the coffee is still good!!

Comment

Well done to Joe, he is a great guy and unbelievably passionate about his coffee.
        We sold him and set up the Victoria Arduino Adonis, and I must admit at first thought what does he need an Adonis for in a country coffee shop.
        Well he proved me wrong and is going from strength to strength.
        Congrats Joe!

Comment

Working...
        X