Inner West Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner West Melbourne

Just wondering if there are any inner west Melbournites on here and where you go for a hit? I have had some excellent brews at Advieh (5 senses) and Common Galaxia (7 seeds) in Seddon, as well as Cornershop (coffee supreme) in Yarraville. The quality over this side seems right up there... although I do find myself missing Streat (formerly Social Roasting Company in Flemington) since moving from Kensington to Yarraville.

Keen to hear of any hidden gems that might be lurking around?

The Premises, always reliable, in kensington

Reverence tea and coffee also a safe bet on Union Rd Ascot vale.

Comment

Ahh yes, we used to frequent The Premises regularly when we lived in Kensington... I had my first "magic" there!

Reverence looks great, will have to make a trip out there

Comment

Try Guerilla Espresso (Padre Coffee) in Footscray Market or Footscray Milking Station (Padre). Both serve excellent coffee in my opinion.

Comment

Nice, I tried to find Guerilla Espresso but was a bit stretched for time so didn't manage to sniff them out, I will this week.

I had an excellent house blend latte and single origin doppio (Maling Room beans) at Butcher 128 last weekend in Yarraville. A bit out of the way down near Geelong rd but amazing food and coffee, highly recommend it. Another I need to try is "Cup and Bean" which seems to rate well in Yarraville?

Comment

I really like Mies over in Spotswood, Paul the owner is very friendly and brews a great shot. It's next door to Dutches of Spotswood. They just started getting in guest beans from Proud Marry and 7seeds on top of the stAli range.

Also have you tried WeeJeanie (coffee supreme and guest beans from, Market Lane, Proud Marry)?

There's also a new cafe in Newport just on Melbourne road that runs proud marry on a strada. It's called four elms. I had a great espresso there today while getting some food (food was nice too).

I'm keen to check out guerrilla and cup and bean.

Comment

Guerilla Espresso can be a little hard to find. Even though the address says Hopkins St, the cafe itself is on Irving St next to the Footscray Market's loading dock.

Comment

Brother Nancy is new in Essex St, West Footscray. It's good solid coffee. POD at Post Industrial Design has pretty good coffee (although variable depending on the barista) but the food is REALLY good.

Comment

Couple great places I've been to in the last couple weeks
                  1) Wee Jeanie - just next to the train station in Yarraville
                  2) Butcher 128 - Roberts St Yarravile - was there yesterday, I enjoyed a SO Ethiopian as a doppio while waiting for the barista to bag me some Espresso Blend from the Mailing Room.

Both places I have to say served awesome espresso, and the SO at Butcher 128 was bloody fantastic. The barista is always up for a chat.

Comment

Just had some lunch at Butcher128 in Yarraville VIC and washed it down with a Single origin cold drip from Rwanda. Very smooth. These guys are knocking it out of the park lately with their coffee. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428028903.374261.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	738721

Comment

haven't seen mention of williamstown, while this one may not be up to the inner melbourne standard it comes pretty close for me
                      Tick Tok (it's on the main street that fronts onto the bay near the ship yards, park near la porchetta and walk towards the shipyards, just look for the cafe with owls everywhere
                      have had consistently good coffee, cakes and all day brekky there for the last few months

if you're ever in altona apart from Waffee in harrington square i'm also told that hangar1one2 (pier st) and 2 bros on blyth are both worth checking out as well

finally decent coffee is getting attainable out west

Comment

Originally posted by phrostyboi View Post
                        haven't seen mention of williamstown, while this one may not be up to the inner melbourne standard it comes pretty close for me
                        Tick Tok (it's on the main street that fronts onto the bay near the ship yards, park near la porchetta and walk towards the shipyards, just look for the cafe with owls everywhere
                        have had consistently good coffee, cakes and all day brekky there for the last few months

if you're ever in altona apart from Waffee in harrington square i'm also told that hangar1one2 (pier st) and 2 bros on blyth are both worth checking out as well

finally decent coffee is getting attainable out west
                        Regular at tick tock. Great sweets and coffee is decent with milk.

Out west check out Butcher 128 on Roberts street in yaraville (close to the kingsville end). The owner Donnie makes a mean doppio on his synesso.

Comment

Jack B. Nimble

I managed to drop into Jack B. Nimble in Mitchell Street, Maidstone on Saturday morning for a quick takeaway cafe latte. It's just been opened by CS member E-Gene. The coffee was great, using Axil Roasters beans. Nutty, caramel flavors came through for me - very enjoyable! I'll write another review when I get to sit in for some food as well, which I hope is soon, because the cafe is beautiful.

Cheers, Dave

Comment

Both Altona cafes 2 brothers On blythe and waffee are being renovated at the moment. I have doubts that waffee will reopen.

Comment

Originally posted by trentski View Post
                              Both Altona cafes 2 brothers On blythe and waffee are being renovated at the moment. I have doubts that waffee will reopen.
                              Waffee will reopen. They are having some reno/staffing issues, but will definitely reopen. Owner is also away at the moment. Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                              X