Marysville / Healesville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marysville / Healesville

Staying in Marysville for a few days. Looking for a decent coffee. Saw a recommendation for Marysville bakery on here, but my Machiatto there this morning was pretty sub-par. Old, very dark roasted beans I suspect.

Grateful for any tips.

You'd do better at the patisserie.

or healesville ... There's a big public toilet just off the Main Street....

On that side street , there's a place that does 5 senses quite well. It's got "lime" or something in its name. That's quite good.

I love Marysville very much, and would love to recommend a good place, but alas. The best coffee I have had there came out of my presso.

the only place I haven't tried is the new mantra motel. Could you let us know if you try it?

Comment

Thanks mate. I'll check them both out. Just had a reasonable meal at Buxton's Hotel. Any recommendations closer to town?

Comment

Yeah Buxton pubs alright innit?

nothing closer to town, but there's a cafe further along (Alexandra) . Red bean? I think . If you look at other threads you'll notice that I've not had much luck getting names right lately even when I have known them...

Comment

Got it in one SBM..... Redgate in Alex but I can't recommend anywhere on the north side of the Black Spur.

All below par.

Mocha and Lime in Healesville but a big emphasis on the lime when it comes to a brew.

If you're in Marysville, Mr Jack, taking the spur to Healesville is a bit of a run. There are better places in Healesville tho' than M&L ( and worse too!!).

The best in Healesville is a coffee cart called The Bearded Bean, Saturday mornings.

Comment

Will be driving down to Melbourne through Healesville, but on Sunday sadly.

Loving the roads here. Especially the road up to Lake Mountain.

Comment

Try the Cherry Tree Café, in the main street of Healesville, opposite the PO, near the pedestrian crossing and just along from Subway.

Good coffee and they try really hard to do it justice.

Comment

Had breakfast at Fraggers cafe this morning. Great service, good food and decent coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                  Will be driving down to Melbourne through Healesville, but on Sunday sadly.

Loving the roads here. Especially the road up to Lake Mountain.
                  I s'pose there's snow there now? Really eerie with those dead ghost gums when we were there in April.

Comment

There is snow at the village, but none on the roads except what the plough has left on the verge. Some coming Monday it seems. Certainly a lot of dead trees from the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                      Try the Cherry Tree Café, in the main street of Healesville, opposite the PO, near the pedestrian crossing and just along from Subway.

Good coffee and they try really hard to do it justice.
                      Sitting in Cherry Tree Cafe right now. Nice place, friendly staff. Will let you know how the coffee goes

Stopped in at Mocha and Lime, but 5 Senses Dark Horse is not to my tastes (too sweet), and a bit ordinary - so gave it a miss.

Comment

Working...
                      X