Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Melbourne South Melbourne

In Melbourne while my son gets his chemo sorted at Peter Mac
    son lives in Port Melbourne, South Melb not far away.
    any recommendations for good coffee in either / both?
    Thanks

No recommendations as it’s been 10 years since I worked in Port Melbourne.

Manly just wanted to wish your son and yourself the best.

Comment

decent coffee in Melbourne? like really? :P

joking aside, and sorry I have no idea, but best wishes to your son Flash, chemos a …. well you know

but seriously best wishes

Comment

sorry to hear, all the best for your son and family.

st ali is always worth visiting.

Comment

Bad news Flashpixx. A terrible time for all the family.

In Port Melbourne, we go to Mr Hobson at the start of Station Pier. Right on the water.

Perhaps a little out of the way but not by much, and retaining the nautical theme, the Beachcomer Cafe on St Kilda Beach.

What we mainly like about these cafes is the setting.

Good luck to you all.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your son Flashpixx, must be traumatic, I feel for you.

Comment

My thoughts are with you, great that you are there to support him!

Comment

Thanks for your kind words.
                He is doing really well. Just finished his first 3 week cycle, 3 more cycles to go.
                I'm heading back to Perth tomo be back for his third cycle mid Jan.
                Will be glad when it's done, he has a terrific prognosis the cure is worse than the disease in this case.

Comment

Really hope the doing well continues, best wishes

Comment

Thinking of you flashpixx, and hope you and your family are doing okay.

Ditto to St Ali!

Comment

Hi there, Dead man espresso @ 35 Market St, South Melbourne VIC 3205 is quite nice. I once saw andy from hamish and any there too if that counts for anything.

Hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by joph View Post
                        Hi there, Dead man espresso @ 35 Market St, South Melbourne VIC 3205 is quite nice. I once saw andy from hamish and any there too if that counts for anything.

Hope all goes well.
                        Have been meaning to check that place out for a veeery long time...

Comment

Hope all goes well.
                          Thanks I’m back in Perth currently, heading back to Melbourne mid Jan for Round 3 of chemo.
                          Didnt make it to StAli but hope to next time. Will put Deadman on the list too.
                          Deadman is just around the corner from TripleM and Fox radio studios so that’s where Andy will have been (my Son works at Triple M).

He is doing well, tumour markers are shrinking, chemo has a huge impact, one particular treatment leaves him completely drained for 24 hours. Has lost his hair and a few kg. However has retained a very positive outlook. He’s a special one

Comment

Hope all goes well.
                            The coffee there is great!

Comment

Working...
                            X