• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When near Perth

My stops are
    Epic Espresso in West Perth
    Velvet in the CBD
    Ristretto in CBD

All three are very passionate about coffee.

LE

Re: When near Perth

Big tick for Epic, Velvet and Ristretto Sketchy, also Zekka in King Street, Tiger Tiger in Murray Street, Urbanistar in Northbridge, Cranked in Leederville, T5 in Joondalup, Spring in Subiaco, Entrende situated in Shafto Lane in city.

Comment

found a new place last night outside the regal theatre in subi. i think it was called brown house? going back tomorrow.

Comment

Been a while but found another good one in East Vic Park called the imp. had two 4 shot lattes and both were good.
        best thing is there real close to my veg supplier so easy to get to on mondays.

LE

Comment

Been to both the imp and the cafe at the regal theatre recently and both were below average.

LE

Comment

I was in the city a week or two ago, and was hanging out for something when I spied a Coffee Club at 50 St Georges Terrace. I walked in the front door when a small shopfront nearby caught my eye. Straight out the side door to a small joint called Voltage Espresso. Mmmm. Tasty.

Actually I was impressed just by the fact that he ground on demand, and swept his doser clean after each cup! The great coffee was a bonus!

Comment

Any good spots around Fremantle and Hilton?

Comment

Originally posted by 7644464B5076290 link=1218372715/6#6 date=1329355205
                Worth a visit in Freo--Hush, The Attic, Moore and Moore

Comment

Originally posted by 505F5345575050320 link=1218372715/5#5 date=1329266389
                  I was in the city a week or two ago, and was hanging out for something when I spied a Coffee Club at 50 St Georges Terrace. I walked in the front door when a small shopfront nearby caught my eye. Straight out the side door to a small joint called Voltage Espresso. Mmmm. Tasty.

Actually I was impressed just by the fact that he ground on demand, and swept his doser clean after each cup! The great coffee was a bonus!
                  There are 6 or 7 other great espresso places within 150m of Voltage. They arent bad, but arent even in the top 3. Nice people though.

And to think, just metres away, there are people suffering Coffee Club and Croissant Express...

Comment

Originally posted by 697C6B6B60636F600E0 link=1218372715/7#7 date=1329379489

I can vouch for Moore and Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by 3A2F383833303C335D0 link=1218372715/7#7 date=1329379489

Thanks for the tips.  My experience and feedback on the places I tried in Fremantle was that Moore and Moore was OK, I found a little stall in The Yard Market on weekends called Black Cherries Espresso which Id go back to.  Knew they were fairly serious with a small batch roaster in operation and three young guys with beards bent over the espresso machine. Had a chat with the guys roasting and tried a little sample of what they were working on.

But the clear winner was The Attic - great short shots that were really well executed and great buttery/choc mouth feel.  Only made it there on the second last day and it was so good that we made the 25 min walk both ways back again the next morning before leaving.  Only issue was things were a bit slow the first day so we ordered two each at once yesterday.

Comment

Where near Perth (in the CBD) can one get an emergency supply of beans? Our machine is running dry and there's got to be something better than Woolies!

Comment

Ristretto or Howard Street Coffee roast their own and sell at both cafes!

Comment

Magic! Both within striking distance. Thanks Greenman
                            [edit - update, hit Howard St. Really good barundi espresso while I "waited"]
                            Last edited by thoglette; 30 July 2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thoglette View Post
                              Where near Perth (in the CBD) can one get an emergency supply of beans? Our machine is running dry and there's got to be something better than Woolies!
                              Tiger Tiger sell Fiori beans that we use in the office

Comment

Working...
                              X