X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velvet espresso, Perth CBD

velvet espresso

Justin Kenny, Proprietor
    Shop 5/172 St George’s Tce (entrance off King St)
    Perth WA 6000
    (just down from His Majesty’s Theatre)
    Situated in the bustling CBD velvet is popular with the business community and passers’ by, it has a modern décor with stainless steel counters and a chalkboard menu display.
    They serve breakfast from 6.30am and lunch is a choice of flat breads, gourmet sandwiches and salads.
    They use a 3 group Synesso Syncra and they use Bannister Downs farm milk.
    The espresso I tried had lively fruity/choc notes, lovely viscous mouthfeel and a lingering aftertaste. I followed this up with a piccolo latte. It had a velvety smooth caramel/choc taste.
    Great coffees, great service
    HOURS: 6.30am-4pm Monday to Friday
    COFFEE: Five Senses Specialty Roasters

Re: Velvet espresso, Perth CBD

Drop in to Velvet at least once a week. Certainly agree about the décor. Consistently excellent coffee with choc notes as mentioned which makes it hard to not go back for seconds. Its not hard to see why this venue is frequently packed with the tables full and many an eager customer lining up for take-away.

Comment

Justin has sold Velvet, hopefully the tradition of great coffee will continue with the new proprietors.

Comment

Dropped into Velvet while I was in Perth last week. Had a latte in a Tulip, after ordering a double shot latte & being told they use a double shot in all their coffees. It seems ristrettos as a base are the norm to the west.

Coffee was of reasonable strength, cutting through the milk nicely & certainly chocolaty in taste.

Overall my best Perth coffee experience.

Comment

Working...
        X