Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe 54 East End CBD

54 Pier Street, Perth
    It has a cosy friendly atmosphere and is very popular with office workers, passers by and guests from near-by hotels.
    Their blend is well balanced, silky smooth and has great mouth-feel with a hint of cocoa and a lovely aftertaste and is produced on a Synesso Sabre.
    Breakfast served until 11am. The lunch menu consists of pasta, quiches, squid, pizza, tasty salads and sandwiches.
    Well worth a visit when visiting Perth.

Re: Cafe 54 East End CBD

I was staying at the Aaron on Pier Street last week. Hadnt done any research for Perth CBD coffee, but not fancying the usual hot plate stuff in the hotel I just wandered out for any nearby likely cafe. Cafe 54 was the nearerst, 2 doors down and looked OK, so I went in. Definitely got lucky on that one. Excellent FWs, picolo latte and espresso, which I made a point of making time for over the two days. The breakfast was good too, and a nice place to sit. Ill be making my hotel choices based on it if Im back in town.

Comment

Grabbed myself a double shot latte to go... this morning as i strolled by on my way to work. They are using a local indy milk supplier which caught my attention as its packaged in weird softpaks that looked awkward to pour.
      Made a great coffee though paired with the synesso.
      Noticed a lonely la Marz in the corner too.

for me... Urbanista still leads the way.

Comment

Cafe 54 are trialling staying open until 7.30pm, so if youre in CBD and want a good meal and coffee early evening you know where to go.

Comment

Personally a favourite of mine, my other half and I thoroughly enjoy the coffee here.

Not simply because the coffee is great (although thats one good point! Haha) but the ambiance, it simply felt to me, like I could sit there and talk with whoever I am with for quite a while. Maybe its perhaps the way everything is semi well hidden outside, great for the coming summer months!

Yet to try the food though. But surely something I should give a try when I feel like winding down after work. Keep up the good work 54.

Comment

Update: 54 are now roasting their own beans, Dale is producing the goods on a 3kg Diedrich, exciting stuff

Comment

Stayed for a toasted chicken sandwich to go with the espresso and flat white in the second room.

Has a comfortable vibe and i have that impression that those who sat down for coffee were not in a hurry to go back to work.

I got word that guests staying in nearby hotels asking for good places for good coffee are recommended to walk a few paces to this place.

Wi Fi came in handy for the smart phone.

Friendly smiles from Andrew and the crew.

Comment

Cafe 54 has had a name change to Essence Of Coffee Pier Street as partner to The Roastery at Huntingdale and the new Essence Of Coffee at Mount Street above the Busport in the CBD

Comment

Working...
                X