X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zecca

74 King Street, Perth
    (between Murray and William Street)

Set at the rear of progressive menswear store Zecca is a great little cafe serving good coffee and tasty food, a huge mural and funky decor make for a pleasant caffeine outlet. They are open on the weekend so one doesnt have to go without good coffee when all of the other A-listers are closed!!
    They have just switched from Campos (Sydney) to Crema, a local roaster from Kalamunda.

Re: Zecca

Originally posted by 657067676C6F636C020 link=1238906974/0#0 date=1238906974
    They have just switched from Campos (Sydney) to Crema, a local roaster from Kalamunda.  
    I think I preferred the Campos coffee myself.  Zekka still does good coffee though.

Comment

I didnt like the Campos. Ill give them another try and see if the blend lifts the quality, to my tastes.

Comment

Ive been using the crema stuff a bit lately. Its not bad. They roast it fresh in their cafe. U can see the roaster out the back and its a bit hard not to see it because its a big one.

Comment

Just got back from Zecca as I was in the city today.

Tucked away in King Street not too far from Tiger Tiger Coffee Bar, Secret Garden and a few designer labels and pubs. This coffee bar is first and foremost an artistic blend of fashion meets midday coffee & tea.

The decor was simple and soothing on the eyes, the choice in tables and chairs was function over form, they serve their purpose and the seats are comfortable for the average sized individual, tables in the conservatory like area are kept well cosy with a heater nearby.

The service is welcoming and with their passionate, informed coffee crew behind the well cared for La Marzocco and BNZ, you can feel rest assured you are going to get a nice, smooth and comforting cup of coffee backed up by a not so common local roaster from Kalamunda, named Crema, which is located east of perth just a bit past the airport.

I first ordered a latté and then a long black. The misses had a glass of their 100% raw orange juice. I was fairly taken back about how smooth the latté was, with a clean finish after each taste. Though I did ask for a double ristretto as my base, incase they did it otherwise.

The missus sat quietly and enjoy the orange juice and judging from her smile, it was clearly a winner as well. Clearly they have more to offer than just coffee as far as beverages go with some delightful sandwiches and small sized bites to have.

While we finished our drinks,we sat quietly watching an artist drawing a mural on the large side wall, in a line-art fashion. The atmosphere was relaxing from a busy day out and about.

Definitely worth a look, especially if you have a taste in fashion, but even more so if you have a taste for coffee.

Comment

Update: believe Zekka have changed suppliers again and have dropped Crema for the usual 5 Senses - Synesso combo. Anyone visited lately??

:-?

Comment

Havent been there lately but will drop in Wednesday when I am in the city. Will give you an update.

Comment

Made it there today - very hip place for the fashionistas of King St.

Coffee was pretty good - nice sweetness in my short mac, though service lacked enthusiasm! :

Comment

The place is closing down on the 24th August =(

Apparently they're having problems with the lease. Also it should be spelt Zekka.

Comment

Working...
                  X