BENCH--East Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BENCH--East Perth

Well-credentialled Vanessa Moore (ex Epic Espresso, Five Senses trainer, Three Bags Full, Melb) has opened Bench, located at 471 Hay Street, East Perth (opp law courts and old fire station).
    Light and bright space to sit and savour the great coffee and tasty treats on offer. Distinctive olive green capo cups and plum coloured 4oz tulips, next generation Synesso Hydra, Mazzers, Five Senses blend and single origins.
    A great addition to this end of town, well worth a visit

Re: BENCH--East Perth

Thanks Greenman, will have to try it out. Definitely needed something good that end of town.

Comment

My new favourite haunt for coffee. Changing single origins each week and one of the best long black blends ive ever had.

Must go.

Comment

Sounds good. Do these guys open early in the morning? Im in Perth in early June, staying at the Duxton (where I havent previously rated the coffee)....but need to get away pretty early each morning.
        Cheers
        BOSW

Comment

They open from 7am - 3pm Mon - Fri

Comment

Epic (West Perth) opens at 6.30am - nice coffee there too.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks very much guys.

Comment

why when i want to goto these place they are shut. Why does Perth need to be so 1950s and close its doors at 5pm and everything shuts on the weekend. >

Comment

I believe its because they want to cater to the white collar market. They are in a weird spot on the east side of Perth (with the district court and offices).

I would like it if they opened on the weekend but i wouldnt visit as much since its not on the way to Uni for me.

Comment

It only took almost a year but I got to try Bench today. Tried a couple of ristrettos, long black and a couple of strong take away coffees. Really friendly place and great coffee.

LE

Comment

Hey, tried these guys this morning after having a very ordinary coffee with breakfast at my hotel. Almost missed Bench as their business name is made out of letters in the shape of park benches and I had to blink before I could read it. Great coffee, perfect milk temperature (south / central american blend as double ristretto latte)....I think they thought I was bit dim and couldnt understand how to order (I was just trying to read the menu board before ordering).  Will try their Tanzanian SO later.

Greenman, did you happen to be in Bench this morning before 8am? There was a bloke in there who vaguely resembled your profile photo.

Comment

Just had a Ethiopian Sidamo over CCD from Bench that was roasted on the 21/08/12 by 5senses

Good stuff!

Comment

They still got the sidamo? Damn wish i couldve gone there today. Lame how they close so early.

Comment

Popped into Bench at 7am on Friday. Had a magnificent ristretto at the counter, and a very nice take away latte. Gee I wish these guys opened on Weekends, but I guess the area becomes a bit of a ghost town.

Comment

had a pour over this arvo - mexican coe #3, just an awesome cuppa- and at 5 bucks, a welcome change from GSG's 10-dollar pourovers (albeit they do give 2 servings worth while bench gives just enough for one person). love the vibe and the espresso was also spot-on. nice to see people who know their stuff take on 5senses coffee's best roasts, and not just their standard blends - good as they are, they're getting a little boring when every other cafe is using the same

Comment

Working...
                              X