Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maven Espresso

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maven Espresso

    In the new Raine Square building next to the Bankwest @ 300 Murray Street. They run Seven Seeds with Mazzers and Synesso.

    Had a Panama natural in aeropress, oooh that was nice and fruity with an acidic kick as it cooled. Can't wait for them to get their brew bar fully up and running.

    Oh and one of the baristas is a cute asian girl =P

  • #2
    They must be the only Seven Seeds cafe in Perth no? Wonder how the transportation of the roasted beans affects them.


    Very keen to give this a try, Seven Seeds is definitely an amazing roaster.

    Comment


    • #3
      Visited today... long time coming. Ron (ex manager/head trainer of Aus Barista Academy WA) is working @ Maven.

      My understanding is they are serving 5senses coffee. Four grinders on the espresso bar (decaf, single, black blend and milk blend). One grinder on the brew bar (marco).

      Easy to find if you look for the TOWERING coffeega cold-drip brewers (two of them) which are now brewing Kenya French Mission (3 litres each!). Had one on ice with sparkling water, incredible. Recommended.

      I also had an espresso of the "black blend" which is 3-bean, distinguishable Ethiopia Yirg in this blend. Very smooth.



      They also brew chemex and some other manual methods, just ask!

      Easy access from the Perth underground rail station, literally two escalators and you are there. Extra points for not having to go outside in the heat!

      Maven also have an iOS app you can d/l to order whilst on the go (eg, train), specify how long you will be and your coffee will be ready to rock when you are. Pretty slick.

      *edit, forgot to mention. They're usually open to 4:30/5pm...

      Comment


      • #4
        Dropped in to Maven today and enjoyed a killer short mach and a Yirg cold drip shaken in a martini shaker with ice and mineral water--super tasty and very refreshing. Great to see Ron Ngo in his own place, Perth is in for a treat from Maven and crew
        Last edited by greenman; 19 January 2013, 07:23 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          dropped in last week and was blown away. wasn't impressed the first time i went sometime in November but things have really shaped up since! had an espresso and chemex and were very much to my liking. could distinguish the yirg in the espresso which went really well with the rest of the blend!

          Comment


          • #6
            I went again yesterday and they were flat out. Ron and crew were working their magic, such talent from the crew here. I waited patiently for a little gap in the customers and Ron made me a Costa Rica San Luis Chemex which he decanted (twice), it was outstanding! lemon and vanilla, so delicate. A pleasure. He then brewed me a spro of the same coffee, delish.

            If you travel through town on the train, this has got to be the best location. I live south and work north, passing through every morning, it's so easy to get off at the underground, drop in to Maven for a brew then jump back on the train again

            The cold drip towers are multiplying and having babies!

            Comment


            • #7
              Just went and had a double espresso. Top Shelf.

              Lady was good looking too.

              I'll go back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Maven Espresso

                Originally posted by eljimberino View Post
                Just went and had a double espresso. Top Shelf.

                Lady was good looking too.

                I'll go back.
                I'm fairly new to the forum, so this is a very friendly question, are the comments about the looks of the lady needed?

                I'm a straight male but I'm sure there are lots of female CSers, or males of other persuasions, who roll their eyes at certain comments.

                Now if she makes a great espresso, or a crap one for that matter then that's useful info, or even if shes friendly, not-friendly, etc but physical looks?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                  I'm fairly new to the forum, so this is a very friendly question, are the comments about the looks of the lady needed?

                  I'm a straight male but I'm sure there are lots of female CSers, or males of other persuasions, who roll their eyes at certain comments.

                  Now if she makes a great espresso, or a crap one for that matter then that's useful info, or even if shes friendly, not-friendly, etc but physical looks?
                  Could have been worse... he could have said she was ugly.

                  Seriously now... it wasn't exactly a sexual or gender specific comment. Sounded like a simple observation to me... i.e. the sky is blue, the coffee was good, the music was pleasant and an employee who worked there was attractive. It wasn't exactly a relevant observation vis-a-vis coffee at Maven but so what? Some things in life are nice, beautiful, pleasant, etc... Do we really need to hide such comments in the closet if no harm was either meant or done?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                    Could have been worse... he could have said she was ugly.

                    Seriously now... it wasn't exactly a sexual or gender specific comment. Sounded like a simple observation to me... i.e. the sky is blue, the coffee was good, the music was pleasant and an employee who worked there was attractive. It wasn't exactly a relevant observation vis-a-vis coffee at Maven but so what? Some things in life are nice, beautiful, pleasant, etc... Do we really need to hide such comments in the closet if no harm was either meant or done?
                    Agreed.

                    Who cares if some women or men roll their eyes at such comments. I like pretty girls, I will happily mention they're attractive.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maven Espresso

                      Fair enough, was just a question.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                        Fair enough, was just a question.
                        Nothing wrong with asking questions

                        We don't always get the responses we had hoped for but that's just part of the fun

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maven Espresso

                          I'm just a little sensitive to certain types of comments as in the corporate world I strive to improve diversity and inclusion, and typical male comments about the looks of females really don't help things in the corporate world.

                          (BTW I'm a straight white male)

                          But CS isn't the corporate world, so I think in hindsight my question was a little OTT.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                            I'm fairly new to the forum, so this is a very friendly question, are the comments about the looks of the lady needed?

                            I'm a straight male but I'm sure there are lots of female CSers, or males of other persuasions, who roll their eyes at certain comments.

                            Now if she makes a great espresso, or a crap one for that matter then that's useful info, or even if shes friendly, not-friendly, etc but physical looks?
                            By the way... for what its worth... your suggestion that women and gay men may react in a particular way to eljimberino's comments may be construed as being rather politically incorrect itself

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maven Espresso

                              But I'm not saying it should be open slather on comments about female cafe workers either!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X