Small Print Baker & Roastery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Print Baker & Roastery

125 St Georges Terrace in Brookfield Place. Took me 15 minutes or so just to find the place, its downstairs in the 'basement' alley. Look for the stairs going down in front of the Print Hall.

They roast in house using Dukes Coffee. Pictures in the link.

They also open on Saturday (omg no wai!) 8am - 2pm

Had a Guatemalan long black, light and smooth with a fruity acidity. Unfortunately their filter coffee wasn't roasted till Saturday. Will definitely be back.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 26 October 2012, 08:43 AM. Reason: Commercial Non-Sponsor link removed and title changed to resolve display issue

Haha, I found it reasonably difficult to find as well. Fantastic long mac had on a Saturday morning - probably the best I've had from a CBD cafe in a long time, just bursting with huge fruity/chocolate flavours. Sad to see the Strada wasn't in use, though...looks like it's relegated to busier periods of the week. Also worth noting that they have a veritable armada of manual brewing equipment behind the counter so I'll certainly be back to try that out.

Comment

I come here every so often, one of my favourite cafes. My only gripe is the randomness of the filter selection. Sometimes they'll have something new, something ran out then they got more again another day or other times they'll have nothing at all. Still the baristas are friendly and the roaster Simon is a cool guy.

Oh yeah they used to serve filter coffee in stemless wine glasses but not anymore, I feel cheated.

And its one of the cheapest places to get filter coffee, $4 for a pourover (at last visit, they seem to change it on a whim between $4 - $6)

On second thought they should rename small print to The Random Cafe because you never know what's going on there hah.

Comment

Working...
      X