sixteen ounces vic park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sixteen ounces vic park

dropped in today after some friends have been raving about it.

still very early days, but a really nice little setup; and after the very pleasant customer service i got today, thought i should give them a little post here at least (they redid the long black my mother ordered just because it didnt taste quite right for her). loved the decor (esp the white/green synesso).

the malaysian barista who i assume is the owner/one of the owners was constantly tweaking his shots over the time i was there - seems to really love his coffee. the SO double espresso i got was done just right.

usual 5senses fare was a little boring, and a shame they havent started pumping out the cold drip yet, but seems like a place with real potential to serve up some great coffee - once they sort out all the little things.
    Attached Files

Popped into here today for a peek, and was pleasantly surprised! Great atmosphere, fantastic food/cakes, and the staff are lovely. Great pricing too.

Ordered a long-mac, and partner had a soy-latte. I agree with the above sentiments that the standard 5Senses beans were a bit boring, however good none the less! Would like to see them have a nice SO, or their own house-blend. However the long-mac was presented well, with nicely textured milk, and a well extracted espresso. My partner commented that the blend was a little stronger than her usual, but i enjoyed.

The barista was down for a chat, great guy. Wasn't the owner, a younger guy who was happy to share his thoughts and show us some pictures of his latte art that he'd been working on via his phone! I'll happily return

Comment

Lovely little addition to Victoria Park. I've been there a few times already and enjoyed my coffee each time. Food choices are a little limited though, but done pretty well.

The owner is Malaysian but I don't think he is the barista; still a pleasant guy to chat with. Same with the baristas. Very friendly place.

Comment

Try Antz Inya Pantz a little further down the road. Everytime I drop in they have a different regional coffee and they finally mastered their new roaster a while back. Pity 16oz doesn't use Antz beans, as 5 senses are typical commercial bulk roasted beans & blends (i.e. mediocre on a good day).

TampIt

Comment

Working...
        X