Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fremantle

Hi All,
    Will be in town next week for work, but will be staying at Fremantle (on the Esplanade). I have Hush Espresso and Black Cherries Espresso (thanks to a bit of trawling through this sub-forum) on my list for coffee when I get a chance....anything else in the vicinity worth trying?

Cheers
    BOSW.

Welcome to Freo Barry

Two questions (rather than trawling through forums)
    1) How mobile are you likely to be?
    2) What types of coffees run to your tastes?

TampIt

Comment

Originally posted by TampIt View Post
      Welcome to Freo Barry

Two questions (rather than trawling through forums)
      1) How mobile are you likely to be?
      2) What types of coffees run to your tastes?

TampIt

Hi Tampit,

Won't be super mobile on the days that I have time, so stuff within a 20-30 minute walk of Freo would be preferable. Though grateful to hear any recommendation regardless of location....just in case plans change (and SWMBO is travelling with me...and she'll have more free time). I'm familiar with the cafes in the east end of the City, as I usually stay at the Duxton.

We typically drink lattes / flat whites, but I always try an espresso /ristretto in new places as well.

Cheers
      BOSW
      Last edited by Barry O'Speedwagon; 18 November 2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

If you like beer, you'll never leave Little Creatures brewery (which is opposite the hotel).

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
          Hi Tampit,

Won't be super mobile on the days that I have time, so stuff within a 20-30 minute walk of Freo would be preferable. Though grateful to hear any recommendation regardless of location....just in case plans change (and SWMBO is travelling with me...and she'll have more free time). I'm familiar with the cafes in the east end of the City, as I usually stay at the Duxton.

We typically drink lattes / flat whites, but I always try an espresso /ristretto in new places as well.

Cheers
          BOSW
          PM sent: none of the links are sponsors.

TampIt

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
            If you like beer, you'll never leave Little Creatures brewery (which is opposite the hotel).
            Ta. Yes, have been there once or twice in the past Food was quite ok too.

Comment

Hi Barry, Ootong and Lincoln is a great space. They have just opened Lenny the Ox as well. Di Bella has a Roasting Warehouse if you're into that. I'm not sure there is any really top notch coffee spots for a CSer in Freo but still nice places to hang out.

Architects and Heroes in Subiaco seem to have the WA Barista Champ working there and they are pumping out some great coffee. A few stops away on the train.

Comment

From my couple of recent visits to Fremantle, three that I would definitely recommend trying are The Attic, Di Bella and Black Cherries.

Comment

Originally posted by frasertr View Post
                  Architects and Heroes in Subiaco
                  they also have an alpha dominche steampunk if you're into siphon.

Comment

The Loft Cafe-60 Adelaide Street, Fremantle.

Comment

Thanks very much to all offering suggestions above.

Comment

I also heard about a very new one that serves Code Black Coffee called Lessons Concept Store. Apparently really difficult to find so good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by frasertr View Post
                          I also heard about a very new one that serves Code Black Coffee called Lessons Concept Store. Apparently really difficult to find so good luck!
                          Maybe little concept store? Wray Ave between south tce and gallatti vegie shop. Good fw there last week but didn't get to try anything else.

Comment

Re: Fremantle

Nope, Lessons Concept Store. Basement, 1 Pakenham St, Fremantle.

Comment

Ta. Will give it a try next time we're in freo.

Comment

Working...
                              X