Brewed Awakening Clarkson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewed Awakening Clarkson

I accidentally wandered passed this place 12 months ago and it was the commercial roaster in the shop front that drew my attention, didn't notice any change of business name etc at that time, thinking I must get in there sometime. Well, on the weekend, I finally did - with no expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised. It is now a coffee shop and patisserie - didn't sample the pastries but they looked good. The coffee is very good - so good I bought 250g of their 2 day old Kenyan roasted and had a good chat with the very pleasant operator who showed me his recent roasts - joy. I now have a local roaster for emergencies! It used to be a general café called The Full Monty (never went there then), next door to Clarkson Library.

Were May and Hammond there?

Comment

To my discredit I didn't get any names Herzog - I am assuming they are proprietors?

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
        To my discredit I didn't get any names Herzog - I am assuming they are proprietors?
        Think cars.

Java "Stig!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

DOH! a cultural reference missed because of a dislike of Jeremy and anything associated.

Comment

Heh, yeah, when I saw the subject my immediate response was "don't tell me that jack wagon has gone into coffee"

Comment

Originally posted by jbrewster View Post
              Heh, yeah, when I saw the subject my immediate response was "don't tell me that jack wagon has gone into coffee"
              Exactly my reaction too when I saw the subject. Opened the thread and couldn't make sense of it at first.

I gather that in this case Clarkson may be a district library somewhere with an attached cafe?

Comment

Sheesh...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place....684!4d115.728

Comment

Really???
                  They named suburb in WA after Jeremy right next door to Barbagallo Raceway?

That's the first I heard of that. I guess they might have done a Top Gear show there if he didn't go pop.

Comment

From Wikipedia - no reason to doubt

"The suburb's name refers to the Clarksons, a family of sheep farmers who had held leases of land in the area since the 19th century.."

Sorry to burst the Jeremy hate bubble.

Comment

You cant trust wikipedia. Andy's answer is perfectly cromulent

Comment

Good to hear you found some decent java north of the river, we need more quality cafes in this neck of the woods!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Otago View Post
                          ...sheep farmers who had held leases of land in the area since the 19th century.."
                          They race sheep in Western Australia?

Comment

You must have heard of Baaaah Lap?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                              They race sheep in Western Australia?
                              In some other countries, they just run because they're scared :P

Comment

Working...
                              X