This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean sales.

If you are passionate about quality coffee and want to experiment with some great specialty green beans then you should enjoy the CoffeeSnobs green bean sales.

Every month we sample, select, source and supply some of the highest grade beans available to our local market and thanks to our unique sale method we can offer them to you well under retail price.

You can then roast them at home using a domestic coffee roaster, popcorn maker, saucepan, oven, heatgun, BBQ or design your own contraption to give you the perfect roast.

Purpose specific domestic coffee roasters available too but generally we encourage starting as cheap as you can to prove to yourself what a great hobby this is and just how great a result you can get.

We select a range of coffees each month and they are posted into the BeanBay (mostly near the middle of the month) . *We then email all the CoffeeSnobs members when they are available in BeanBay. Please ensure that you don't junk email from "beanbaysales", often worth checking with your webmail and ISP junk filters too.

Shipping is calculated at the checkout based on the total order weight and the destination. Shipping options are shown for Australia Post Express, Australia Post E-Parcel (good for heavier, slower freight) and in available areas you can select Fastway couriers.

Please note: Courier freight options require a "live human" to sign for the parcels and not an unattended home or PO Box.
    Only Australia Post are allowed to deliver to a PO Box.

At the checkout of BeanBay you can pay using credit card (via PayPal and you pay the fees) or use your own internet bank transfer to the account on the emailed invoice (no additional fees).

We do ask that you pay at the time of ordering so that we don't have to waste time asking if you want the unpaid order.

When we land new coffees they will appear in BeanBay as soon as they are packed. Keep an eye on BeanBay as often something will get snuck-in during the month when it lands or clears customs.

BeanBay
    https://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au

A couple of times a year I receive a query from someone that asks "why do you charge a PayPal fee when other online transactions don't?"

Let me explain.

PayPal is a good service, fast payments, good paper trail and they accept credit cards and linked bank accounts.
    That service comes at a cost to us though. Their current fees for Australian transactions are $0.30 plus 2.4%.

That money has to come from somewhere so either we need to mark-up everything we sell by $0.30 + 2.4% or we can just add it to the transactions that were paid with PayPal. To me is seems silly to gouge everyone on the off chance they will pay with PayPal which is what many other businesses do to save this discussion.

In the BeanBay checkout you get a choice.

Internet Banking (EFT) Transfer for actual cost (no fees added).
    or
    PayPal with their actual fees added on.

The two totals are shown on the page in BeanBay and we make the assumption that those that want fee-free will use EFT and those that want instant payment or credit card options will decide if the fees are worthwhile to them.

I think charging only those that use the fee incurring service is the fairest method of cost recovery which is why we have always charged the actual PayPal fees. This also meets the ACCC guidelines Different pricing for different payment methods (credit cards versus cash)

"If I pay today when do you get the payment?"

We receive roughly 10,000 payments per year electronically from PayPal and nearly every bank, building society and credit union in the country. Some are worse performing than others, typically some of the smaller credit unions add an additional day to the below figures.

PayPal:
    PayPal is less than 15 minutes. They were instant but for some reason there is some lag in there now and often we will receive the email saying we have payment 10-15 minutes before we get it. It's still the only "instant" service but as shown in BeanBay we pass the actual service fees back to you.

OSKO:
    Osko transfers from Banks / Building Societies / Credit Unions

Osko is a great service and most banks in Australia support Osko transfers. They are fee-free (no fee for us, no fee for you) and nearly instant even on weekends and public holidays. CoffeeSnobs highly recommends using Osko to pay your invoice

Old EFT transfers from Banks / Building Societies / Credit Unions
    EFT Mon-Fri business hours:

A transfer made by you Monday to Friday during business hours will hit our account the following day.
    EFT Mon-Thu after hours:
    A transfer made by you Monday to Thursday after business hours will hit our account in two days, eg: Monday at 6pm will appear on Wednesday.
    EFT Fri after hours:
    A transfer after 5 or 6pm on a Friday will appear in our account on a Tuesday!
    EFT Weekends:
    Transfers on Saturday or Sunday appear in our account on Tuesday.

Best trick is to procrastinate less, order earlier and then you can stress less about the transfer and shipping times.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      *Mostly we use Australia Post Express because they are fast and deliver everywhere including PO boxes.
      Apologies for resurrecting a dusty post, but i wanted to comment on the incredible service from Beanbay.
      Until now, I had held off ordering from BB since i am surrounded by numerous local roasters... and i am in a different state .(Sydney)!
      However having been let down, and brushed off by some of my local sources ( too interested in retail roast sales ?) i decided to give BB a try.
      An order was placed at 4.30 yesterday (Thursday), in anticipation of a delivery early the following week via Australia Post cheap satchel service.
      Surprise ! 8:30 am Friday, the package is on my doorstep ! ..16hrs to travel 900+ kms !
      That is very impressive service !
      Thank you BeanBay (and Au Post)

Comment

Yep a lot of businesses could learn a thing or 2 from how BB is run.

I usually get the startrek overnight 5kg satchel for green beans, always at my door within 24hours.

It makes it to easy to keep trying different green beans!

Comment

quick question:
          Do Beanbay offer international shipping?
          I am located in Thailand and have a problem finding quality beans.

Comment

quick answer:
            Nup.

Longer answer is that shipping beans international is a pain, way too much paperwork and way too heavy (read: expensive) to get them to you.

...but there is some good news. In Bangkok you have a range of some of the best beans in the world. Chartree (Zane, Mr Z) from Peaberry Limited is a roaster, cupper and importer of some seriously amazing coffees... and a darn nice guy too.
            He owns Peaberry Ltd, Pacmara Roasters and Zana's Beans. The head office is off Rama 3, across Central Praram 3.

Tell him CoffeeSnobs set you and you are sure to be looked after with some best beans.

Comment

Had to post to say how good the service is at BeanBay. I don't order very often, but when I do, service is fantastic. I use to pick up at the depot in Geelong, but we have recently moved north, way north. Delivery usually takes atleast a week for anything, but BeanBay and Startrack got 2.5kg of beans here in 1 day. Amazing. Thank you Bean Bay

Comment

I have been using the slowest and cheapest postage option when ordering from bean bay and am very impressed with the delivery speed. I am scared to think what would happen if i use express instead, perhaps my door bell will ring as I hit enter

Comment

Originally posted by denwol View Post
                  Had to post to say how good the service is at BeanBay. I don't order very often, but when I do, service is fantastic. I use to pick up at the depot in Geelong, but we have recently moved north, way north. Delivery usually takes atleast a week for anything, but BeanBay and Startrack got 2.5kg of beans here in 1 day. Amazing. Thank you Bean Bay
                  +1

Its amazing how my order got from Victoria to Canberra within 18 hrs of hitting the enter key... ?

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                    +1

Its amazing how my order got from Victoria to Canberra within 18 hrs of hitting the enter key... ?
                    +1 :-)
                    (lengthen message)

Comment

Hi, I'm not sure if this is necessarily the right place to post this, but the original post says:

"Please note: Courier freight options require a "live human" to sign for the parcels and not an unattended home or PO Box. For the later, Australia Post is the only option."

Could Andy please confirm whether or not beanbay orders sent by Australia Post require signature or not?

Im having a dispute with Australia Post about this (I have left them express authorisation to leave it over the gate if noone is home, and they have started ignoring it lately), and they are saying that: "The sender has paid for a premium service for a signature on delivery, and we have to abide the service that they have paid for."

So I'm just wondering if you could please confirm one way or another.

I have been getting my coffee delivered this way for years now, and it has only just recently become a problem. I can get it delivered to work, but I'd really rather not have to walk home lugging 5kg of coffee with me.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Zakal1,
                        sometimes answers are not black and white...

With eParcel, it's sent as "sign on delivery", we get people to tell us if they are happy for the postie to leave it in which case we put an additional sticker that says:

If Unattended Please
                        Leave Over Gate

(or similar, in car port / under the stairs etc)

For the most part that works well.

AustPost use sub-contractors for parcel delivery and it's really up to each individual driver if they adhere to the additional sticker or not. My local parcel guy is great but we have also built a relationship over the years and work well together. You might do well just meeting your delivery guy/girl one day and having a face to face chat.

We always prefer that people ship everything to an address that is attended during the day.... work, local shop, grandma's house etc. If a real human is there to receive it then typically all the problems disappear. Maybe you even have a neighbour that would be happy to sign for it?

Comment

Originally posted by denwol View Post
                          +1 to that 10kg of green to Sydney in just under 18hrs.

Comment

What do the green beans come in, plastic ziplock bags?

Comment

Calico bags with a zipper.

Comment

Working...
                              X