No announcement yet.

BeanBay - Cotton Bag Recycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use one for my daughters morning tea at Kindy. They have to separate their morning snack from their lunch and pug it in a communal trolley so she knows which one is hers as it’s a coffee snobs bag.

Comment

Sewed some out of date green beans (robusta, never did acquire the taste) into the coffeesnobs bags. 2 minutes in the microwave and they are an amazing heat pack. Come to think of it, I'll warm these two up right now!

That said, I must have 50+ bags lying around here, will send 'em back to you, Andy!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mjoyce View Post
        Great idea. I was very excited to count out 20 bags I’ve been hoarding. $10 to my next purchase! Then I realised a satchel would be $11. Guess I’ll keep hoarding till I’ve got more bags and the equation works in my favour!

Was poking around the 'net trying to find a good option to send my 50-odd bags back to Andy and found that Auspost now offers "From September 30 all Prepaid Satchels will have a maximum weight of up to 5kg regardless of the weight printed on the satchel".

I'll take my 'up to 500 grams' prepaid satchels to the post office to confirm, but I do believe with some careful folding I can cram quite many bags into one of those satchels...

Comment

Philschi you are 100% correct on the new 5kg limit, there is even a post on here about it.

Comment

Originally posted by philschl View Post
            2 minutes in the microwave and they are an amazing heat pack.
            Good work, I love it.

I'll show the girls when I get home, they are always using wheat bags and they stink.

Comment

is it possible to buy bags without beans they make great parts bags for work?
              and I have no issue with cs emblassoned across them, makes for good conversation at jobs

Comment

I’ve just used a CS bag as a travel coffee bag (inside a suitcase)

The CS bag fits 2 x 250g coffee bags, aeropress & precision hand grinder - perfect [emoji16]

Comment

I've re-purposed (unpicked & re-sewed) some old pre ziper bags into my roaster trolley cover and one for the halogen globe work lights.

Donated a heap to a friend who used to get a grain bag full of lentils & chickpeas each year for distribution to family & friends, everyone loved the zips.

The OP shops like them as carry bags too.

A Tilly Tight-wad tip - if you're using them at market/supermarket, get your fruit & veg weighed loose, then bag, otherwise you will be paying for the weight of the bag on top of your goodies, I'm only shopping for 2 these days, so its easy to do, I wouldn't bother if I was still buying apples etc 2kg at a time.

I still have a box full of bags to return, which I intend to drop off at the Snobbery when we get to do our long delayed trip down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by shauno View Post
                    I’ve just used a CS bag as a travel coffee bag (inside a suitcase)

The CS bag fits 2 x 250g coffee bags, aeropress & precision hand grinder - perfect [emoji16]
                    Ditto on recent trip to Canada and USA. 2 x 500g bags of Volcan Galeras filter roast, Clever Dripper and Porlex grinder stowed in CS bags, they were also great for stashing shoes in bottom of case away from clothing.

Comment

One day I hope to actually be driving nearby the Snobbery so we can drop off the 60+ odd bags we currently have as well as about 15 delivery boxes I have in the shed.
                      It's amazing how many stickers get left on the bags when I reckon I always peel them off when done
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_125922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	753339Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_125948.jpg
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	753340Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_125956.jpg
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	753341

Comment

We appreciate the sticker removal Brett!

Comment

Working...
                        X