No announcement yet.

Fastway - Price Changes 9th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalby, I don't want to make light of the delay you are experiencing in getting your parcel, but have you driven to Darwin recently? I am in Sydney and headed north on Friday and back Sunday night. The amount of active fire fronts is incredible, burnt houses are visible from the road, the smoke haze is something again. Auspost have made very clear they have impacted services and even said some areas wont get service at all 2250, 2536, in NSW for example. They have said tracking should be taking this into account. It's Christmas time, there are unprecedented bushfires and you didn't pay express - really this isn't great but I don't think much more could be expected with the bushfires.

Heatherbrae at midday, visibility was low

Taree showing road burnt out, most areas were a km either side and the median strip plus signs burnt out

Attached Files

Comment

It really isn't fair to compare with DHL, etc they are in a totally different price point. Couriers Please are the natural competitor and at the same price point. Fastway is low cost parcel delivery service, not an international air delivery service.

Comment

heck id be happy that something I ordered from Victoria got here before something I ordered from the UK!
        (and no it wasn't Andy hes always had speedy deliveries to me!)

Comment

Our bean order was delivered today by a very cheery and courteous person...
          Most intrigued with what I was going to do with a load of green coffee beans.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 338 View Post
            It really isn't fair to compare with DHL, etc they are in a totally different price point. Couriers Please are the natural competitor and at the same price point. Fastway is low cost parcel delivery service, not an international air delivery service.
            Actually you're wrong: Fastway is an international delivery service. All my recent purchases from Amazon US have come all the way by Fastway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalby View Post
              Actually you're wrong: Fastway is an international delivery service. All my recent purchases from Amazon US have come all the way by Fastway.
              Not at all. Fastway started in NZ and has only ever operated in Australia and NZ. The company taking over Fastway, Aramex, has the international connections. Fastway has always been a low cost parcel delivery service, even the service to NZ they bought in a couple of years ago was very convoluted. There is no question the price point is different, I have paid the bill on all of them.

You seem to like having it both ways Dalby, you berate Fastway but then use them as the a shining example of 5 days from the US when berating Auspost. Maybe the solution to all this angst is just ordering a few days earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by 338 View Post
                Not at all. Fastway started in NZ and has only ever operated in Australia and NZ. The company taking over Fastway, Aramex, has the international connections.
                Yes, they're now part of Aramex (Arab American Express) but they still ship from the US under the Fastway label.

https://www.fastway.com.au/services/international/

Now shipping the world

Shipping internationally just became easier

At Fastway we understand the ecommerce world is changing and so too are your shipping needs, which is why, through our Aramex family, we’re now delivering internationally!
                We promise the same cost-effective, friendly and reliable service you’ve always known. The only difference? Now we’re global.

The Fastway International offer

• Delivery to 220+ countries

Comment

Honestly, who really cares?
                  International, National or Interstellar....

They've provided us with excellent service for many years.

Mal.

Comment

For those playing at home...

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/aram...0160121-gmat3f

Aramex bought Fastway nearly 4 years ago, it's only recently that international was an option out of Australia and even then it's still pretty agricultural but I expect next year these options will be far more integrated into their normal shipping methods.

Coming the other way, I've had deliveries from a few places around the world via Aramex into the Snobbery, and our local Fastway guy did the last miles.

Branding will be changed to Aramex but as far as I know, each franchise will have have to sign their own vans (ouch!) so it might roll-out slowly.

It's pretty common for small courier companies to get bought by international giants (Japan Post, German Post etc) I had even heard a rumour about 5 years ago that Linfox was sniffing around Australia Post to takeover the parcel side of the business. That didn't happen but they did "partner" for the long line haul component of Australia Post.

Comment

I've found Fastway in general to be pretty craptacular on the customer service front in the past but they did reach out to me recently to apologise about the crap service I received in the past (not related to any Beanbay purchase) and to say they were overhauling things with the Aramex change over and were hoping that I would consider using them in the future.

I am glad that Andy gives us a selection of couriers to use in order to help out our hip pocket. And that's what I really care about which is why I still use them for Beanbay deliveries. Their flat box rate to the west coast is what makes delieveries here economical. I've also noticed my driver change recently and seems much happier in his job than the last guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        It's pretty common for small courier companies to get bought by international giants (Japan Post, German Post etc)
                        Well Japan Post owns Toll, DHL is owned by Deutsche Post, Oz Post owns StarTrack.... and so on... and they are all sucking up small courier companies...

Comment

There's no doubt they are cheap, but far out they used to be faster than this! 2 weeks ETD to Perth metro... And it's taken nearly a week to get from Gelong to Melbourne...

Comment

Your math isn't entirely fair.
                            You ordered on Saturday 7th of a long weekend. I'm not sure when you paid for it but your bank didn't pass the payment across till Wednesday and (as normal) we shipped it the same day.

Perth long-haul is via train, your Wednesday shipment would have gotten to Melbourne on Thursday and I'm guessing missed the Perth train (no idea how many run a week but they certainly aren't daily). The tracking showing it took 3 business days from Geelong to Melbourne was most likely because it didn't get scanned again until it got loaded on the train.

You saved $30 (saved $60 compared to express post) and it takes a few days longer, I think that's a good trade-off and we always suggest ordering early to save the grief.

Ordering at a different time an order could appear to be 4 days faster than this but it's all luck of the draw which service connects to which on a 3500km trip.

Comment

Hi Andy, I'm not complaining about ordering or time to ship, but whilst we are on that: I paid Saturday, same day I ordered, I knew the next roast day was the following Wednesday, what happened to OSKO same day blah blah, suprise suprise the bank held the payment for 3 days, turns out it didn't matter, but just FYI. Oh, and it's not a public holiday in WA, so like any good west Australian I just can't fathom it's a public holiday anywhere else

What I find irritating was the 5 whole days from Gelong to Melbourne , I never count transit it working days.
                              The train from east to west is bad enough without that.
                              Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
                              X