Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia Post - Lag due to pandemic.

So, not much surprise to some, Australia Post are groaning under the load
    (as are all couriers, transport and logistic companies)

The worst I've seen was a carton of green beans that was shipped on the 6th April arrive on the 19th April and it was 100km from the Snobbery.

Currently Post are saying due to a reduction in air freight capacity:
    • Perth and Brisbane deliveries may increase by up to 5 days.
    • Delivery to far North Queensland may increase by 7 days
    • Tasmania deliveries may increase by 3 days.
    • Next Day Express may not be able to be maintained.
    "In some cases, we are having to process and deliver from an alternate location and customers may notice when tracking their parcel, that it is coming from a different location to what they are used to."

They also say:

"Express Post service will continue to be our fastest postal delivery option for our customers – and we'll continue to prioritise these deliveries. They just may not be delivered next business day every time."

For current information, see the Australia Post website: Domestic Updates

CoffeeSnobs will continue to ship every paid order out on time, we always have, we always will, but the additional freight lag means it's more important than ever to order earlier and stress less!

Yup still waiting on my Snobbery order from the 9th. Just checked and it reached sydney on the 18th, so now however long the delay is from there to Canberra ?‍♂️

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Ordered at 10am and we shipped it same day, we did our bit!
      Sadly it's turning to poo after that but not all parcels, some are going straight through to the destination, some are on tour and some just lounge around on holiday for a while before moving again. Air freight lag I understand because there are so few planes in the sky but I don't really understand why there is so much additional lag on ground freight (eParcel) as the trucks are still running.
      It has to be just the huge volume of stuff.

• worthy1
      worthy1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup all good, just was saying its happening everywhere. The getting it out the door part was super quick so no issues there. Im waiting for all types of packages at the moment. Just the times we are in!

The worst I've seen was a carton of green beans that was shipped on the 6th April arrive on the 19th April and it was 100km from the Snobbery.
    I am still waiting for my delivery shipped on 6 April. Got an email from Auspost that it will be delivered today! And... I am in Melbourne.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, a new worst (as if that's something you wanted to win!)
      I see your order last month took 3 days which is a day longer than normal, the current order is 9 business days (removing Easter) which is snail pace. They must really be buried.

• lancruiser
      lancruiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha...wouldn't it be nice if there is a prize. I initially thought it might be because I had asked to send the latest order to home rather than P.O. Box but walking pass my local post office, the shelves were empty too. Yes, Auspost looks snowed under.

PS: Just received the delivery.

My order posted to Brisbane on the afternoon of Mon the 6th arrived on Fri 17th. With the 4 days of Easter it was technically still within the promised 1-9days, so I was lucky no doubt.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Your previous Fastway delivery was 3 days, the order before that via eParcel was 4 days so the Australia Post "guesstimate" of +5 days to Brissy seems about right for your order. It's still double though and I can see why some other CS'rs are getting their patience tested.
      I'm sure it will settle down and/or they'll get better at dealing with it and/or pay some overtime to clear it out.

Has Fastway sorted out their tracking & are they any faster than Australia Post at present?

My last Australia Post batch scraped in late on the 5th business day for Geelong->Melbourne (plus sitting in AusPost's warehouses across Easter) and apparently I should be feeling lucky

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems that period just prior to Easter is when road freight Post fell in a heap.
      Your order shipped on the Monday, delivered on the Tuesday but was "only" 4 business days. Still double what road freight should have been though.

(off-topic here) but I'm not aware of specific Fastway tracking problems (apart from intermittent load issues) and yes, they are faster to your specific address most of the time.
      Last edited by Andy; 24th April 2020, 02:23 PM.

Yes Aust Post is experiencing insane volumes. They did have an overtime ban on at the start of April but that quickly changed when the parcels started to pileup. It seems strange that there are many people experiencing job losses but I am offered weekend overtime work to help shift this load. Just remember that April 20th Aust Post re-defined Express Post rules during the COVID19 period but it is still the fastest way to deliver something at the moment through its network.

https://auspost.com.au/business/ship...g/express-post

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      I can top that. Express post satchel sent 2km away on the 6th and still hasn't arrived. Have done the usual stuff to query its whereabouts, but Auspost is too busy to bother following up any of this stuff.

I have switched to Sendle (generally Couriers Please) where they're price competitive and they are all over Auspost.

Comment

Mine finally rocked up today

Comment

I too have had some erratic deliveries of late, some fast and some slow. Express often isn't. Yet on Wed I ordered some RTFN Wow as soon as it appeared on the web site, so that there was a fighting chance that I would get it by the end of next week, and would you believe but it arrived the very next day (yesterday). That weekend overtime must have had some impact, so thanks ha_da_ja. So might those chartered flights that Auspost have had to organise in place of commercial flights.

Comment

• Andy
            Andy commented
            Editing a comment
            Ordered at 3pm delivered 750km away at 11:30am the following day, the express post satchel averaged 38kmh including the time for us to pack and freight it - that's impressive anytime!

FarNorth (Cairns) - took 7 days instead of the usual 2-3 days. I didn't even think about Easter holidays, so left ordering too late to ensure maximum freshenss.

Long Easter weekend without coffee. I will not make that mistake again! :-)

Thanks Andy. Good work. Happy to take delays and enjoy sparsly populated tropis, long sea-side walks on the Esplanade and ... well travelled coffee.

Comment

• Andy
            Andy commented
            Editing a comment
            Ordered Monday night, fresh roasted and shipped Wednesday arvo... Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday arvo arrived. With Easter removed it was 3 business days which is prob only 1 day later than normal for the 3000km trip. Bugga not having fresh coffee for Easter though.

I think a few people forgot about Easter coming up with the world getting turned upside down.

Sorry i believe all parcels to FNQ are now by road for the time being.

Comment

Definitely much better value with Fastway at the moment - 3 days from Melb to the Sunshine Coast vs. 9 days with Auspost.

Comment

I wish I checked this thread before ordering!
              Didn't realise we would be seeing 1+ week waits from Geelong to Melbourne!

In other news, Sendle seem to be doing a little better.

Comment

• Andy
                Andy commented
                Editing a comment
                The top of every page in BeanBay has a link to this thread, we have to assume everyone is reading it.
                (but we are still getting payments into the bank account we stopped using in October too!)

Sendle is okay in small pockets. The gotcha is that they are only a web-interface and don't manage any couriers. Drivers will deliver their own brand items before a 3rd party one and when things go pear-shaped fingers are pointed in a dozen different directions. Using a 3rd party service might be okay locally, but nationally it's fraught with danger and tears.

You ordered Monday afternoon and we packed and shipped it the same day (woohoo us!), I see Post delivered it today (SUNDAY) so good on them for paying the overtime to try and catch-up on the backlog.

I could not believe it was delivered on a Sunday!
              It's really good to see they're putting in an effort to get through the backlog.
              (And your service is always great.)

​I hope my comment wasn't taken as me wanting any action taken to speed things up understanding the situation.

My go-to brewery uses Sendle and it's been getting to me next day, but chatting to the owner today he said it's only reliable around capital cities and told me a few horror stories.

Comment

I ordered some Decaf from Andy over a week ago. I have become use to it pretty much turning up the next day or a worst a 3 days later.

This time however its taking its time and i am not so much as surprised. What i will say though is Im always grateful that when ordering, Andy and team do their bit to get it on the move quick smart. After that i understand its out of their hands.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ta. Yes, ordered 10pm and shipped next day. You should have had it sometime last week.
                  You picked a bad time to change carriers though, the other mob isn't as far behind.
              Working...
              X