X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release July / August

Just landed and available in BeanBay now:

El Salvador San Ramon SHB

El Salvador San Ramon SHB continuing with our Central American theme this month this is another great bean to try. Well graded and easy to roast, this is crisp and bright as an espresso and works a treat in milk based drinks too. This is one of those beans that works well through a wide range of roast depths and is full of stone-fruit in the lighter roasts. Play around to get different results.

Ethiopia Guji Wamena Gr1

Ethiopia Guji Wamena is a washed Ethiopian, hand sorted to grade 1. In the lighter roasts the red berries leap out, take it a bit darker and the body oozes off the group handle. This is one of those coffees that's a lot of fun to play with and would stand-up to a single origin blend of different roast depths too.
    This is a stunner for sure.

Guatemala Jacaltenango SHB

Guatemala Jacaltenango SHB (strictly hard bean).
    Jacaltenango is in the northern end of Guatemala, near the Mexican border and even as a green bean this is full of fruit and sweet aromas. The same ripe coffee fruit sweetness appears in the espresso shot along with some green apple acidity that lifts the aromas. Stunning as a long black but also works well in all espresso based drinks.
    Amazing value at this price.

Panama Volcan Baru SHB

Panama Volcan Baru SHB is a Central American stunner. Washed but not polished, it's a dense bean that takes a bit of heat early in the roast and depending on your finished roast depth, works well in espresso or filter.
    Clean, crisp, sweet and easy to roast.

...the required fine print...
    With the exception of the more expensive 1kg lots and the bulky 2kg Monsoon coffees, all BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position.

We ship all paid orders out from the Snobbery Monday to Thursday (not Friday) and BeanBay will calculate the available shipping options and actual freight costs to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight per kilogram so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once for the cheapest per kilo postage. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work, grandma's house, the pub) to avoid delivery delays and hassle.

Monday to Thursday we will ship everything same day that we have received actual payment for. Please remember bank lag means it can a day or two for your payment to get to us even though your bank took it from you instantly. Osko payments are near instant and fee-free, PayPal payments are near instant and you pay their actual fees.

Typically, if you want it faster don't procrastinate, just order earlier for way less stress and never have a reason to ask us "are we there yet?"

Enjoy!

Andy.

Andy, the Nicaragua Mombacho SHG was introduced last month. Did you mean the Panama Volcan Baru SHB?

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      I dunno what you mean?!?!
      (late night after a long day is my excuse for the cut 'n paste oops, fixed now - ta)

Wow, found the Sulawesi Rante Kapua Torajah in the mix, too.

It's all too tempting. Order placed.

Comment

Wonderful selection there Andy...

Mal.

Comment

I've been waiting for this! Placed an order and looking forward to it. There's just too much choice...

Comment

Great selection!

Couldn't resist the Ethiopia and Panama. Looking forward to trying these while "working" from home )

I added some of the very good indeed Dutch cocoa, which my wife and kids are now addicted to. Thanks for for that Andy! Can't go back to Cadbury now

Comment

Just wondering ( for a friend) when this might be available https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eu...e-coffee-beans

Comment

You can discuss it in its very own thread here.

Java "If you order beware a visit from John.." phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Have just roasted the Panama and Ethiopia

First impressions tasting as double ristretti straight after roasting are excellent in both cases

Panama - toffee apple, roast almond and lime

Ethiopia - pineapple, strawberry, lychee, milk chocolate

Yum!

Looking forward to trying across different brewing methods and with milk

Comment

Hi all, I Got the Indian elephant hills last order and still have about a kilo. Tiger mountain is my fave single origin so went for the another Indian for my first try roasting in my popper, did not disappoint.
                I am looking at adding the Brazilian pulped to the collection but want to get another to go along with it, I drink with just a splash of cold milk and tend to prefer the smoother butterscotch Caramel rather than the fruitier beans so tend to stay away from the Africans, would there be a recommended third bean to add to the Indian & Brazilian So I can have a little go at a blend?

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sulawesi Blue is a ripper for body, Colombian Volcan is great for making a blend bolder.

Thanks, went for the Colombian in the end

Comment

Working...
                X