• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanBay Green Bean Release November / December

BeanBay Green Bean Release November / December

Landed, packed and available in BeanBay now:

DR Congo Virunga Park

Democratic Republic of Congo Virunga National Park is close to the Uganda and Rwandan borders and is best known for Mountain Gorillas. Coffee export from this area has been difficult through years of civil unrest in a crazy part of Africa but luckily for us, the coffee is flowing again. Well processed washed beans that have been hand sorted for defects and you will find a range of natural sizes as they don't have the production volumes to size grade. I found this really popped with a slightly darker than medium roast (CS9-10) where the deep cocoa and umami flavours pulled though milk beautifully but this years crop also carries more fruit which was a nice surprise. Great coffee and well worth supporting the locals as they rebuild their industry.

Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi Naturals

Ethiopia Sidamo Ardi is a natural processed coffee from the south western highlands and was sun dried on raised beds. This coffee is a fruit-bomb, lush red berries and huge floral aromatics off the grinder. This bean has the biggest impact in a light to medium roast depth. Works well in milk, as a long black, as a short black and as a filter coffee. Hugely interesting all rounder with a big fruity juicy punch. OVERALL WINNER of GOLDEN BEAN 2018/2019 Silver Single Origin, Silver Filter, Bronze Espresso, Silver Milk based.

Ethiopia Shakisso Estate

Ethiopia Shakisso Estate / Farm produces an amazing bean that is the essence of uniquely great Ethiopian coffee. Grown wild and foraged in the Shakisso Estate which is actually a natural growing area under a tree canopy not the typical "rows of planted trees" you would normally associate with an estate.
    This heirloom varietal is part Typica, part Geisha and unique to Shakisso which becomes more obvious when you see the very long, thin bean dimensions. This was the secret bean in the 2019 Home Roaster competition and I'm sure everyone found that they could produce flavours from a bright fresh lime citrus through to deep dark cocoa flavours depending on the profile used. Stunning coffee at a fraction of the price of Central American Geishas. Winner of Bronze Espresso, Silver Latte and Bronze Filter in the 2019-2020 Golden Bean Competition

Nicaragua Datanli el Diablo

Nicaragua Datanli el Diablo Natural process. Excellent grading and easy to roast but a bit of a chaff monster. Huge tropical fruit aromatics off the grinder, sweet and balanced in the cup possibly the best Nicaraguan I've ever had. Stunning in the lighter roasts for filter, mid roast depth for an exciting espresso. Enjoy!

PNG Wahgi AA

PNG Wahgi AA. Well washed, sorted and sized this is a really easy bean to roast and the results work well through a number of roast depths and brewing styles. Bright and acidic at CS8, Sweet at CS9, full of cocoa at CS10. I like it as an doppio espresso at CS9 where it's still has some lingering brightness and slightly lighter for filter roasts but this coffee really shines best in milk based drinks. Consistently the best PNG coffee available, always a stunning coffee with a big CoffeeSnobs fan club.

...the required fine print...
    With the exception of the more expensive 1kg lots and the bulky 2kg Monsoon coffee, all BeanBay green beans are packed in 2.5kg zippered cotton bags, perfect for storage for up to 3 years when kept in a cool, dark and dry position. We ship all paid orders out from the Snobbery and BeanBay will calculate the available shipping options and actual freight costs to your area. Larger orders are typically cheaper to freight per kilogram so we suggest ordering all your requirements at once for the cheapest per kilo postage. We also strongly recommend that you ship to an attended address (eg: work, grandma's house, the pub) to avoid delivery delays and hassle. We ship everything the same day that we have received payment. Please remember bank lag means it can a day or two for your payment to get to us even though your bank took it from you instantly.

Osko payments are near instant and fee-free, PayPal payments are near instant and you pay their actual fees.

Typically, if you want it faster don't procrastinate, just order earlier for less stress and never have a reason to ask us "are we there yet?"

Click the +SUBSCRIBE to get email or forum notification of new posts in this area.
    Also see: BeanBay Green Bean sales It covers most of the likely questions.

Enjoy!

Andy.

Andy

what would be a good approximation of Guatamalan Huehuetenango? I am trying out the KJM and want it a bit sweeter.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Personal concierge Andy? Really not what I do but but if you enter your credit card details here I'll invent a ridiculous hourly contract rate and you can hire me.

We do provide the world's best forum for discussing your home roasts though so no need to direct every random thought @me

Your question about the KJM blend would be far better placed in the Blending Room where others are roasting that blend too
      https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/the...657#post844657

Just because a bean meets your "sweeter" criteria doesn't mean it will work in that blend. Personally, I would try the Costa Miel but it might not work.

• Rami
      Rami commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry mate, not meant to offend, was just curious as to your views as I was looking at all the above beans.

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      Not offended, just pointing out that @me should be saved for discussions that are really best pointed @me and this one would be better @aKJMblendExpert.

That Nicaragua bean sounds like a ripper Andy, had to grab some of that one...

Mal.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and you won't regret it Mal, it's one of those surprise coffees that each time you roast it you find something different.
      We do have another Nicaraguan on the way but it's totally different to this one (you wouldn't think the two were from the same continent).

• Dimal
      Dimal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really looking forward to it mate...

I waited 23 months for the Sidamo to come back. My favourite bean under $50 per kg. Not making the mistake of buying just two bags this time, I got 10.

Comment

Has it really been 23 months for sidamo. I know i ran out 12 months ago & have been waiting impatiently. 5 Bags here - the best coffee ive ever had (my tastes/wallet doesnt go above $50 a kg) - even better than Harar.

Comment

You blokes sound like TripAdvisor reviewers I just bought 1.

Comment

Well I am in the process of reading a book Where the Wild Coffee Grows by Jeff Koehler and it has a lot about Ethiopian wild coffee so could not resist buying some of each of the Sidamo and Shakisso while they were available. Looking forward to trying them.

Comment

We have a new section in BeanBay...

Not Milk

The Alternative Dairy Co range of Soy, Almond and Oat

Australian ingredients, Australian made and one of the leading cafe choices for plant based white stuff.

Comment

Received our order of the very intriguing Nicaragua Datanli el Diablo yesterday, but only opened it up this arvo.
              All I can say is, WOW! What a fantastic tropical fruit salad aroma coming from the green beans before they're even roasted.
              Going to roast up a batch this weekend so really looking forward to that result...

Mal.

Comment

• Whorl
                Whorl commented
                Editing a comment
                Also keen to hear how this one goes. I need to add to my collection soon for filter too.

• Andy
                Andy commented
                Editing a comment
                Tropical fruit salad aroma indeed Mal.
                This is one of those coffees that's perfect to share with someone who says "it's all just coffee".

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
              Received our order of the very intriguing Nicaragua Datanli el Diablo yesterday, but only opened it up this arvo.
              All I can say is, WOW! What a fantastic tropical fruit salad aroma coming from the green beans before they're even roasted.
              Going to roast up a batch this weekend so really looking forward to that result...

Mal.
              Yes, this one sounded too good to resist and a bag has been added to the Chez Flynn bean stash.

I'm often in the quandary of having so many good beans in my stash, it's hard to decide what to roast next. I've got into the habit of writing the month and year of acquisition on the bag label and thus trying to ensure beans are consumed within 3 years.

Comment

just put in an order for greens at 12.13pm, got shipping notice at 12.36pm and at 12.45pm a Fastway pickup email----WOW how's that for efficiency!!!!!!!

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gotta love Osko instant payments, means we don't have to wait overnight or longer for a slow EFT transfer.

You cut it superfine to make the courier today (3 hour time difference with daylight savings) but yes, we are pretty efficient.

I have also bought some of the Nicaraguan afternoon, really looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
                  I have also bought some of the Nicaraguan afternoon, really looking forward to it!
                  Ditto.......

Comment

• greenman
                    greenman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too!!!!!

I have roasted some of the Nicaraguan Coffee and I have to say I tried it pretty much straight off the roaster as the aroma from it had me begging to try it. One day post roast I got to say what a beautiful coffee. The flavors and aroma.... If I'm getting these flavors after one day I wonder what its going to be like in 5 plus days. Tried it as a espresso, macchiato and a filter!!

Any one looking for a great coffee this is it, might be one of the best centrals I've ever tasted, It reminds me of a Pacamara El Salvador I had a few years ago

Chris

Comment

HI Andy,

Any chance the Ardi Naturals are back on the Roasted Coffee menu? The "Nicaragua" would be nice too ?
                    I have been waiting to order the Ardi green beans along with the roasted variety, definitely one of my favourite roasted single origins from Beanbay, and always good to have the golden standard to compare to when I roast (though my own roasts are never even close!)

Comment

• Andy
                      Andy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The gotcha with BeanBay roasted is that there is a finite amount of roasts I can get into a day, packed and shipped within freight cut-off times. We are right on the threshold of what's humanly possible now so I need to drop something to add something... and dropping something gives me weeks of sooky emails. We also have to to sell enough of the new offering each roast to make it worthwhile roasting. A 15kg roast to sell 500g is good way to go broke in a hurry.
                      We could sell stale coffee... but that's never been the CoffeeSnobs way

We might add something one day but no plans this week.
                  Working...
                  X