This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying/Selling tip: Reply in the thread as well as via PM

To optimize your chances of a speedy response it is best to post a reply in the thread as well as sending a PM to the seller/buyer.

Java "Nods to ernieg777 for the suggestion" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Great idea - a PM will usually trigger an email alert where a reply alone wont.

Comment

A question

I'm a little lost as to how to post an ad listing my espresso machine for sale. I've been a member for a few months and posted plenty of comments, but still can't seem to find out how to list it.
      Apologies for my ignorance.
      Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus1974 View Post
        I'm a little lost as to how to post an ad listing my espresso machine for sale. I've been a member for a few months and posted plenty of comments, but still can't seem to find out how to list it.
        Apologies for my ignorance.
        Marcus
        Coffee Hardware For Sale

Post a thread there. Best to put location and price in the title for ease of reading.

Comment

Welcome to CS Marcus 1974!

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see a little pane that shows 'posting permissions'.
          Check out your status, but prior to your post above you only had 5 or less posts, which would have excluded you from starting a new 'For Sale' thread.

Read this as well to get more info:
          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...icy-rules.html
          Last edited by chokkidog; 4th March 2014, 02:18 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Thanks for your help. So I take it that I need to have posted more than 5 times in order to be eligible to list.
            Cheers
            Marcus

Comment

Also having a few issues posting a For Sale.....I will try another post and see if I gain permission.
              How did you go, get resolved?

Comment

I'm new as well

Originally posted by Marcus1974 View Post
                Thanks for your help. So I take it that I need to have posted more than 5 times in order to be eligible to list.
                Cheers
                Marcus
                Hi Marcus- I'm new as well and need to post a couple of times- Still trying to figure out how to post or reply to a thread-

Comment

You just did :P

Comment

Trying to get 5 posts as well

Comment

So I've got 6 and still can't post

Comment

Spamming replies just to increase your post count may not guarantee your item for sale will be accepted.

Upping your post count just to circumvent the rules is "not in the spirit of the game".

Comment

But upping your post count to comply with the rule is?? ;-D

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                            But upping your post count to comply with the rule is?? ;-D
                            I see the ;-D chokki however hit and run posters are not what I come here for.
                            It should be a fair exchange of information between old timers and newcomers alike.

There are plenty of other places to advertise without having to engage honestly with other people. ;-p

The contributors to the spammed threads rarely get value added to their topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod View Post
                              I see the ;-D chokki however hit and run posters are not what I come here for.
                              It should be a fair exchange of information between old timers and newcomers alike.

There are plenty of other places to advertise without having to engage honestly with other people. ;-p

The contributors to the spammed threads rarely get value added to their topic.
                              Couldn't agree more TG! In need of comic relief, so a bit of fun with words'll do the trick! :-D

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X