This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presumed Sold Rare Post-Coffee Equipment - $100

A rare and hard to obtain roll of Sorbent, great for using after your morning coffee. As we are among friends here, only $100 plus postage at cost for CS members.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Javaphile; 4 March 2020, 10:46 PM. Reason: hyphen

How many of you remember the Robin Williams movie "Moscow on the Hudson"? Cue the scene where he meets with his Russian girlfriend (before defecting to the US) with a highly prized gift.....

Comment

PM sent! I'm down to using stale sliced bread as bum wipes!

Comment

Originally posted by JMcCee View Post
        PM sent! I'm down to using stale sliced bread as bum wipes!

Perfect! Happy to swap you a four pack for one of those nice vintage machines of yours!

Comment

Could a mod put a hyphen between 'post' and 'coffee' in the thread title? I was hoping to see a device for agricultural workers.

Comment

Hahahahaha well played 338 ;D

I say we start the bidding!

Comment

Dont see runs on toilet paper very often, it's an emerging market, all profits could easily be wiped out and washed down the loo once they reach the bottom - but theyre just paper profits anyway. Dont like to hold too much sh!t stock so a good idea to dump when overbloated. Good movement 338. No point holding on.

Comment

I would withdraw these for sale if I was you

Comment

Maybe I could use that to make my own coffee Luwak ? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by speleomike View Post
                    Maybe I could use that to make my own coffee Luwak ? :-)
                    It would probably taste better than some commercial (read roadhouse) offerings.

Comment

Perhaps there's something I'm not seeing with all the panic buying of toilet paper. So, there's fears of a pandemic that according to some will come and hit us in a big way. So, what are the sequence of events (even if its the worse case) that could lead to people not being able to access toilet paper? Canned food I can understand, but why toilet paper?

Comment

I went to a supermarket today for the first time since hearing the stories of toilet paper shortages. The other items sold out were pasta, sugar, flour, long life milk and Weetbix. Perhaps the toilet paper is required due to the strange diet?

Comment

I have squirty toilets, and no females permanently live here. I get more than 3mth from a roll of paper.
                          Gf actually brings own roll sometimes as she worried that she will use up my small quantity and will not be any more here.

Comment

I think everyone should have squirty toilets. I can read a good 3 chapters of a book with that thing turned on!

Comment

Hi

I was surprised to read that every site I looked up on Google says that Bidets use far less water than what is required to produce a roll of toilet paper. But I don't believe every thing I read on Google.

Water usage for a bidet is 1/8 gallon (0.5L) and comparing it to a 4 or 5 gallon flush of a toilet. But all those comparisons are to American toilets. Aussie ones are nearly all now water saving ones and in Australia an average flush is 3.3 L (3L=1/2 flush, 4.5L=full flush).

Cost of producing toilet paper, well I keep finding he same numbers, repeated on different websites. Most point state that it takes 12 to 37 gallons of water to make a roll of toilet paper plus 1.3 kilowatt/hours (KWh) of electricity and some 1.5 pounds of wood.

But it's a bit hard to compare all the numbers. Many sites are using numbers from American households where they say a user flushes the toilet 5 times a day and they use one or two toilet rolls a week. To me that's probably because of their awful coffee, cheese like elastic bands and Hersheys chocolate. So many of the sites are a bit skewed towards the Bidet being far far better than toilet paper.

I think a more balanced comparison would show them being slightly better than toilet paper from an environmental and health benefit. They certainly do use more water. But if the capital cities in Austrealia moved to using Bidets there would be a significant reduction in the amount of toilet paper needed. Any place with tank water in drought times would still need to use toilet paper.

It's been an interesting read this morning.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X