This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD Olympia Cremina '67 (1980)

Unfortunately it's time to move on my much loved Cremina.

Built in 1980 it's a genuine 240v version.

She's all original and I'm the second owner.

The only work I've done is to undertake a full OEM gasket replacement, install an OEM silicon gasket between the boiler and the group to achieve better temperature control and to remove the asbestos insulation around the boiler.

I've just replaced the group head gaskets with a set of silicon gaskets from Orphan Espresso.

While doing the gaskets I took a photo up inside the group and 'under the covers' so you can see the condition.

There is no wear on the group lever mechanism, this is an area that can wear in the older units.

For full disclosure there are a couple of points of enamel damage where the drip tray bumps the body, I've tried to photograph these clearly.

Included in the sale:
    # two portafilters, a double spout original and an aftermaket naked both with double baskets.
    # 49mm tamper
    # the original instruction manual (shes a bit tatty as per the photo)

The unit is located at the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

Freight can be arranged at buyers expense.

I'm asking $2,250 ono.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_093901-min.jpg Views:	390 Size:	216.8 KB ID:	826300
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200425_085519-min.jpg Views:	317 Size:	409.2 KB ID:	826302

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200502_110505-min.jpg Views:	317 Size:	240.0 KB ID:	826301 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200502_110500-min.jpg Views:	320 Size:	206.7 KB ID:	826304

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_093950-min.jpg Views:	318 Size:	196.9 KB ID:	826303

Bargain. New ones are north of $6k and they haven't changed much. If I didn't already have one, I'd be onto this in a flash!

Comment

So many levers, so little bench space!

GLWS, bargain for such a nice bit of kit 😎

Comment

Good review of the current model - doesn't look like much has changed since '67 either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyhn49uXyHk

Comment

Originally posted by hm520 View Post
          Good review of the current model - doesn't look like much has changed since '67 either! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyhn49uXyHk
          Was just about to post the same. I’m sure this machine will get snapped up by someone who watches this review.

Comment

possible post to Perth?

Comment

Hi mods, please update this as sold.

Purchased by a lucky Coffeesnob who should get lots of enjoyment for the next decade or two

Cheers

Comment

Pro tip - Get James Hoffman to make a video on a machine you want to sell for immediate results

Comment

• SanderP
                  SanderP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha yes it certainly sparked some additional interest.

Cheers
              Working...
              X