Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Canberra) Macap M2M, Purgetamp 58.5mm, Amazon Distributor, E61 Group Thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE (Canberra) Macap M2M, Purgetamp 58.5mm, Amazon Distributor, E61 Group Thermometer

Hi All,

Time to unload a few things i have lying around.

1. Macap M2M Grinder - 2017 Model Stepped version. This came with a coffee machine i purchsed. The previous owner bought it (with the coffee machine) for an office but it saw little use as people prefered a pod machine. I used it for a few months, probably 250g a week into it and i put new burrs in it probably half way into that time so they are pretty much new. Great grinder but i decided on a single dose grinder due to switching beans regularly. Was going to keep this as a spare but its taking up space.

$300 (can look at posting if you send me details for a quote)

2. Purgetamp 58.5mm tamp with wooden handle - 'Matt Perger has been working closely with REG BARBER Tampers to create a new tamper that markedly improves extraction,consistency, ergonomics, cleanliness and taste.This tamper utilises extremely accurate manufacturing to create an effective tamping surface that's 2cm2 larger than the specialty industry standard 58.35mm tamper. '

$120 (posted)

3. Distributor from Amazon (new unused) - This is one of those 58mm distributors that people recommend from Amazon. I purchased this one and after a couple of months it didnt arrive so i ordered from another seller and was unable to get my money back for this one. Im not sure what an 'expensive' one would give you over one of these but can see why people recommend them. Definitely gives me perfect distribution before my final Tamp.

$40 (posted)

4. E61 Group head Temp Sensor (new unused) - I purchased this for my older E61 to improve my shot temperatures instead of flying blind. Whilst waiting for it to come i got a deal on a dual boiler PID machine that was too good to refuse.

$120 (posted)

Does anyone know if the temp sensor will work on my BEZZERA BZ99...?!?

Comment

Originally posted by PeejayGong View Post
      Not sure if this helps as you would need to check what the Bezzera has but the sensor is compatible with any HX and SBDU E61 group head, with a M6 thread inside.

Comment

Originally posted by PeejayGong View Post
        It won’t, the BZ99S doesn’t have an e61 hence no threaded hole.

Comment

Originally posted by worthy1 View Post
          Hi All,

Time to unload a few things i have lying around.

2. Purgetamp 58.5mm tamp with wooden handle - [I]'Matt Perger has been working closely with REG BARBER Tampers to create a new tamper that markedly improves extraction,consistency, ergonomics, cleanliness and taste.This tamper utilises extremely accurate manufacturing to create an effective tamping surface that's 2cm2 larger than the specialty industry standard 58.35mm tamper.

$120 (posted)
          Hi Worthy1, interesting assortment of gear. This probably belongs in the no stupid questions thread, but how does the tamper add two square centimetres to the tamping area? You are probably just echoing the manufacturer's claim but wondering how it works. A 58.35mm tamper has an area of 26.74062798378 cm2 and a 58.5mm tamper has an area of 26.878288646869 cm2. Being generous that seems like 0.14 cm2 extra, do they have some secret sauce?

GLWS

Comment

Buggah...

Comment

Originally posted by 338 View Post

Hi Worthy1, interesting assortment of gear. This probably belongs in the no stupid questions thread, but how does the tamper add two square centimetres to the tamping area? You are probably just echoing the manufacturer's claim but wondering how it works. A 58.35mm tamper has an area of 26.74062798378 cm2 and a 58.5mm tamper has an area of 26.878288646869 cm2. Being generous that seems like 0.14 cm2 extra, do they have some secret sauce?

GLWS
              Yup, just quoting the speil from their advert. I must admit i never thought of it as in-depth as you have put it on paper. I needed a 58.5mm tmper, this came up, i bought it was as in-depth as i got

Comment

338 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Worthy, this is coffee - never let the facts get in the way of a good marketing story! Looked up their claim, they claim your existing tamper 'may' have a 1mm edge radius where it is innefective. Bottom line this is a carefully designed and manufactured tamper in a good size at a good price, hope it finds a home with someone

Originally posted by 338 View Post

GLWS

Hmmm perhaps they were comparing 58,5mm to 58mm

Area = π r2
              = π × 5.852
              = 34.2225π
              =
              107.51315458748 centimeters2

Area = π r2
              = π × 5.82
              = 33.64π
              =
              105.68317686676 centimeters2

107.51315458748 - 105.68317686676 = 1.83 ~ 2 centimeters2

https://www.calculator.net/area-calculator.html

Comment

Originally posted by PhuBAR View Post

Hmmm perhaps they were comparing 58,5mm to 58mm

Area = π r2
                = π × 5.852
                = 34.2225π
                =
                107.51315458748 centimeters2

Area = π r2
                = π × 5.82
                = 33.64π
                =
                105.68317686676 centimeters2

107.51315458748 - 105.68317686676 = 1.83 ~ 2 centimeters2

https://www.calculator.net/area-calculator.html
                Phubar, we should probably create a thread for maths problems and not disturb Worthy thread too much. We might have to complain also to calculator net about disseminating false information I think we could all agree that a 58.5mm (or 58mm) round tamper could comfortably sit inside a 6cm x 6cm square? Most 6cm x6cm squares have an area of 36 cm2? I will let calculator.net explain how they fit a 107 cm2 circle inside a 36 cm2 square. Tardis? It's coffee, don't let facts cloud anything!

It is a great tamper at a great price, with genuine attention to details and design

Comment

338 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ps just went through your calculations, you confused radius with diameter

A 58mm tamper is 26.42079421669 about 0.46 cm2 smaller

• PhuBAR
                  PhuBAR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeap silly me, confused radius with diameter.

PM sent re: coffee temp sensor.

Glad the math problems have been figured out, that was bothering me too.

Comment

The Distributor is sold.

Comment

Grinder is sold.

Comment

Working...
                    X