Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!SOLD!!! - FS: Pavoni Europiccola (Melbourne bayside)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: Pavoni Europiccola (Melbourne bayside)

Yet another victim of upgradeitis in our house has to go.

Its a pre-millenium Europiccola, the group seals were changed around 1.5 years ago by the previous owner.  It comes with a fairly good fitting cheap tamper which is a lot, lot better than the cheap, badly fitting one that comes with them.

A little bit of rust under the tray, most of these machines have some, keep it dry under there and it will never spread.

Ive fitted it with two strip thermometers to help with temperature control.

Id prefer for it to be picked up, if it doesnt sell quickly Ill consider shipping in a few days.

Price is a very reasonable $400.

Re: FS: Pavoni Europiccola (Melbourne bayside)

Image showing thermometers.

Comment

Image showing rust under tray.

Comment

I should mention that the thermometers will peel right off if you dont want them.

Comment

Great price for a great machine. It shouldnt hang around long.

Out of interest, what information do you glean from the strip thermometers? I mean, how do you use the temperature information to your advantage when pulling shots?

I have a 1973 Europiccola but if I were in the market I would have definitely bought your little baby.

Good luck!

Comment

Ive sent you a PM Oldbeamer, cheers.

Comment

lillibet, I have a thermometer on the boiler, it serves the purpose of pressure gauge. There is enough pressure in the boiler to move water to the group about 5 degrees before the pressure valve pops. So I can get some cooler water onto the coffee to manage the temperature.

The other thermometer is on the group head, As the 90C indication starts to change color I know its at the right temperature to draw water into it.

Once the water goes in I then use it to see what the actual shot temperature was. If its too high or low I can adjust the routine for the next one.

Comment

This has now been sold, thank you all for looking!

Comment

Working...
                X