X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (WITHDRAWN) Sunbeam EM0480 For Sale

Purchased 9th Feb. 2006
    In as new condition, Ive replaced her with Rocky.
    :-/

$150 or near offer..

Re: Sunbeam EM0480 For Sale

Tempt me :-) How much better is it than a KG100

I need a good reason to smooth over my wife...

I was looking at a Nemox Caffe Napoletana – Espresso Machine & Grinder Combination. As I need a new coffee machine as well..

Comment

Originally posted by AngerManagement link=1144708034/0#1 date=1144740657
      Tempt me  :-)  How much better is it  than a KG100

I was looking at a Nemox Caffe Napoletana – Espresso Machine & Grinder Combination.  As I need a new coffee machine as well..
      For a whole heap of reasons, I would suggest that you keep your grinder seperate:

I bit breaks, everything broken
      Heating of coffee beans
      Ease of cleaning
      Terrible steam wand on that machine....pretty much impossible to get anything resembling satisfactory milk texture....

Grab the sunbeam and buy a good, stand alone machine

etc....

grab the sunbeam

Comment

Originally posted by paulie338 link=1144708034/0#0 date=1144708034
        Purchased 9th Feb. 2006

$150 or near offer..

Where is it located... Question is re Possiable postage.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by paulie338 link=1144708034/0#0 date=1144708034
          Purchased 9th Feb. 2006

$150 or near offer..
          1: What about postage costs as depending on that it could bring it up to almost full price or is that included in the purchase price.

I am in Brisbane

2: Where was it purchased from and do you still have any paperwork re: impact on Warrantee?

3: Do you still have the original boxes and manuals etc ?

4: Via the Union Shopper am able to have one on order with HN for $155 (6 weeks del time)

Do not mean to be a pain, but have been caught out before and if I am buying second hand then it has to be worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by AngerManagement link=1144708034/0#1 date=1144740657
            Tempt me :-) How much better is it than a KG100

I was looking at a Nemox Caffe Napoletana – Espresso Machine & Grinder Combination. As I need a new coffee machine as well..

LOL - I just made that EXACT same upgrade last weekend.

Polls apart is all I can say. As good as the KG100 was (still is - its in transit to my family in Adel to use as thier first ever grinder, they drink plunger and drip so it suit them fine) its a whole other world moving to the EM0480. Welcome to a real coffee grinder it should say on the box.

Considering I paid $169 for the KG100 less than a year ago (still retails for about $150) and got the Sunbeam EM0480 for $175. , there is just no comparing the two grinders at virtualy the same price point. And the EM0480 looks cool. My 4yo nephew thought it was laboratory microscope when he saw it.

I know that people with Rocky and Lux and Mazer etc are probably sniggering and thinking the same thing about comparing EM0480 and those beasts, but for the price of well under $200, the EM0480 is the best out there in the retail grinders. If nothing else, the compartive weights should give you some idea of the extra build quality. KG100 1.4kg, EM0480 2.6kg. Solid.

My advice, grab yourself an EM0480 and you wont be dissapointed...

Ill probably be gushing the same way about my next upgrade grinder in comparison the EM0480
            But thats a long way off for now...

Comment

Hey, Im in Sydney and would be willing to post it.. Its quite heavy so I imagine postage would be expensive.. I wouldnt even be able to guess without going to the post office to find out..

The machine was purchased at MYER, Sydney city for $179. I dont have the box but I do have all the documentation and receipt etc. I just dont have the space in my apartment to keep packaging sorry.

Does the $155 Union Shopper deal include shipping??

Paulie

Comment

If you can roughly estimate the grinders weight , then Aus Post have a page where one can calculate the p&h costs.
                http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/

Comment

Originally posted by rice link=1144708034/0#7 date=1144889813
                  If you can roughly estimate the grinders weight , then Aus Post have a page where one can calculate the p&h costs.
                  http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/

I can tell you that EM0480 weighs 2580grams including all accessories (except for the box).

Reason I know is because when I unpacked it last Saturday, my bean weighing scales were nearby and I compared the weights of EM0480 and the KG100 it replaced.

Comment

If nothing else, the compartive weights should give you some idea of the extra build quality. KG100 1.4kg, EM0480 2.6kg.
                    ...mental note to self... when designing a new ginder, fill it full of lead.

Comment

....mental note to self: When Andy designs his new grinder pack up the linotype slugs to send to him...

Java "Basement full of Letterpress" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulie338 link=1144708034/0#6 date=1144888454
                        Hey, Im in Sydney and would be willing to post it.. Its quite heavy so I imagine postage would be expensive.. I wouldnt even be able to guess without going to the post office to find out..

The machine was purchased at MYER, Sydney city for $179. I dont have the box but I do have all the documentation and receipt etc. I just dont have the space in my apartment to keep packaging sorry.

Does the $155 Union Shopper deal include shipping??

Paulie

My post code is 4030 so if you use 2.75kg as a guide and the sizes etc then from this site http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/aus_parcel.asp we would know if it is worth thinking about :-)

$155 was including dell to the door (Union Shopper is a service provided by our Public Sector union, and they are good at getting great deals for memebers)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1144708034/0#9 date=1144908756
                          If nothing else, the compartive weights should give you some idea of the extra build quality. KG100 1.4kg, EM0480 2.6kg.
                          ...mental note to self... when designing a new ginder, fill it full of lead.

Was merely making a point that one feels and looks like a plastic kitchen appliance from Target while the other feels and looks like a solid, metal piece of hardware, straight out of design school. Given they are practically the price, its hard to see why anyone would go for the KG100 over the EM0480.

Comment

Originally posted by lochness link=1144708034/0#12 date=1144975549
                            Given they are practically the price, its hard to see why anyone would go for the KG100 over the EM0480.
                            Ignorance ;P Size?

Comment

Message for Anger Management, who did you speak to at the union shopper? Ive just tried to get an EM0480 and the "shopper" cant get that price for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X