X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Silvia & Rocky for sale

Hello all,
    the time has come for me to put my beloved Silvia & Rocky combo up for sale.

This combo consists of:

Silvia
    Rocky D/L
    S/S 2 drawer base
    Standard single & double baskets
    LM single & double baskets
    A blind filter & a group brush

This set up is 18 months old, has been regularly cleaned and is in excellent condition.  I have all the original packaging and manuals for both machines.

I am asking for $850 for the lot.

PM me if you have any enquiries.

Steve

Re: Silvia & Rocky for sale

Geez, Steve.... that sounds like a steal. But when you say "the time has come", can you expand on that? Dont want to pry, but are you upgrading?

--Robusto

Comment

Looks like Steve has a Giotto and Best grinder according to the message under his picture

Comment

Ooops! Well spotted Coffee Kid....very blind of me to miss that most obvious of clues. Sherlock I am not!

--Robusto

Comment

Originally posted by robusto link=1161488062/0#1 date=1161491660
          Geez, Steve.... that sounds like a steal. But when you say "the time has come",  can you expand on that?  Dont want to pry, but are you upgrading?

--Robusto
          I think that I may have some insider knowledge on that one

2mcm

Comment

Hi all - I am coffee snobs newest member!

Apparently, I cant send a private message until I have posted - so this is it for me!

Im interested in the rocky combo - and will contact the seller direct now that Im a card carrying, fully fledged, coffee freak!

And for the record, I have a cafe at Melbourne Uni, serving Jasper Okapa Wild New Guinea single origin coffee, and I look fwd to conversing with ya all!

ACG

Comment

Doh, may have missed the boat on this one.. . if its still for sale, definately interested.

Comment

Gruffy- I will most likely sell a Silvia very soon!

Chris

Comment

Hi gruffy,

I also have a silvia/rocky/base that need to be sold to finance a maver hx machine.

Chris posted first, so its only right that you deal with him, but if you want the whole package, please feel free to PM me. Chris is a rancilio dealer and will be able to get you the rocky and base new if he doesnt have them to sell second hand.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Hey guys, ive PMed you all re my interest. I understand you all have an interest in selling, so i am happy to discuss which option and price falls within my needs and budget.
                    A few questions re Silvia and Rocky, how well do they stand the test of time - ie. does age lead to big troubles or problems? Are they easy to maintain (as i hope this to be a hobby/weekend machine - no time on weekdays). Will Rancilio distros such as Moccopan service 2nd hand machines if required?

thanks.
                    -g

Comment

Hi gruffy,

Thanks for your PM. I will wait until Chris and Steve have contacted you before giving you the details of my machine, as this is CS, not evilbay, and I dont want to prejudice their sales.

One thing that might be of importance is where everyone is ... Chris, Patrick and I are all Melbourne-based. You are in Sydney and Loveys profile says that hes in Batemans bay, so it might suit everyone more to swap around sellers and buy from the local guy.

The biggest thing that the silvia has going for it is that it is extremely simple. If you replace the wearing parts, there is no reason why your grandkids shouldnt be using the same machines. Replacing the group gaskets and grinder burrs is common to every espresso machines. Silvias seem to have a tendency to drip from the steam wand when turned on, which can be solved by rebuilding the steam valve. The insides are so straightforward that if you ever need to replace a thermostat or a solenoid valve you could probably DIY rather than taking it to Mocopan. This also gives you the option of modifying your machine by upgrading the parts or even installing a PID temperature controller.

The silvia has a three-way valve, so at the end of each of your weekend sessions you will be able to backflush it with a blind filter to avoid coffee residue in the group going skanky and contaminating next weeks espresso.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

*twiddles thumbs*
                        its like ebay only without the closing time... so far so good... hopefully will score a Rancilio package deal!

Comment

Wow- its a buyers market for Silvias at the moment.

I am gonna sell my personal machine..As Luca suggested, its best that it goes to a Melbourne buyer to save on freight. Its on the way home post my week off at Port Douglas and should be back in town on Friday....No way was I gonna go without good coffee up there

I am happy to settle for what is present market price.

Its in great nick, perfectly maintained and Id be surprised if it has done more than 200 shots...Drop me a line if youd like it...

Chris

Comment

Hi, Im intereseted in picking up a Silvia and Rocky grinder, how much are you looking to sell it for

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1161488062/0#12 date=1162210313
                              Wow- its a buyers market for Silvias at the moment.
                              Yeah, but this isnt ebay! Bilgolaj PMed me and I presume has PMed you as well. I gave him the information about my setup, but recommended that he go for yours, as (a) you posted first and (b) yours is newer. One thing that he will presumably want to know, though, is if you have a second-hand rocky.

I think that patrick (ACG) posted on CG that he had bought a cheap gaggia.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
                              X