This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! SOLD !! - Bezzera BZ35e

Its time to sell my baby on to fund my restoration of the La Pavoni.

This is a Bezzera BZ35e, which is an auto dosing machine. It is the current model still being sold by Barazi. It can be run in either auto-dosing mode with programmable buttons for four different doses, or it can be run in semi-auto mode, where you determine the end of the shot (as per most prosumer machines). I tend to run it as a semi-auto most of the time, but find the auto useful for guests, when youre maybe less fussy about what goes in the cup or just pressed for time.

Ive owned this machine for about one and a half years. When I got it I did a complete strip-down clean and de-scale. Subsequently the machine has been run on filtered water.

This machine has a 2 litre horizontal boiler and uses a 1300 W element.
    It uses a commercial grade vibe pump and can be run with either en external tank or can be directly plumbed in. It also has a drain line, rather than a drip tray. I originally made a drip tray for the machine, which I’ll include. It’s just a deep plastic tray that slides under the machine and holds about 1.5 liters. So be aware that it doesn’t have an internal tank.

Ive set the pressurestat for excellent steam performance as well a good idling group temperature. Once its warmed up (give it about 1/2 hour at least), its operation is pretty easy. Just flush the boiling water out of the heat exchanger and keep it going for en extra 2-3 seconds and youre set to brew.

The machine is clean and ready to run.

I’ll include 3 portafilters: One single, one double and one naked. I’ll also include two steam tips: A two hole Diadema tip and a 4 hole Bezzera tip.

I’ll post pics tomorrow.
    for now heres the link to the machine when I first got it (Note: I have a new shiny steam wand now)
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1124067670

I’m asking $900 and am prepared to ship at buyers expense. I’m located in Brisbane for a local pick-up/demo if required.

I plan to list it on an auction site soon, but thought I’d see if any CS’ers were interested first.

Cheers,

Mark.

Re: FOR SALE - Bezzera BZ35e

*sigh*

Mark,

Im interested but Im about 5 months away from getting a good machine (when Im back from overseas and back at work!).

Good luck selling!

Meg

Comment

Ive included a collage of photos of the machine as it is currently.

This includes three portafilters, including a naked portafilter, three filter baskets (one single and two doubles) and two steam tips (a two hole Diadema tip fitted and a 4 hole Bezzera tip shown leftmost in the extras pic).

The goup is easily removed for cleaning. This group is the easiest group to clean and service that I have found. Once it is removed, cleaning and gasket removal are simple.

The internals of the machine are is great shape. The pic shows the little details that reveal the BZ quality such as heat resistant shielding for all the wiring.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1171430968/0#2 date=1171978055
        The goup is easily removed for cleaning. This group is the easiest group to clean and service that I have found. Once it is removed, cleaning and gasket removal are simple.

The internals of the machine are is great shape. The pic shows the little details that reveal the BZ quality such as heat resistant shielding for all the wiring.
        Youve got to love the whole design of the little BZs Sparky, I dont think there is anything about them that hasnt had a lot of thought put into it. Just looking at the layout of your BZ above, its almost an exact mirror image of my MiniBar. Great little machines [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Geez Mark, pity it wasnt another 12-18 months and maybe I could take up your offer....

Hope it goes to a CS who will appreciate it more than some of those buyers on the auction site.

Regards
          Bullitt

Comment

I think the more electronics involved, the more likely you are to get a failure. The black box is a Gicar unit, which are one of the most highly regarded electronics units. Ive not had any trouble, but am unaware of the mean time between failures.

The black box is reasonably far away from the boiler and the machine is well ventilated.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Even if the BB did fail, you could probably still use the machine as a semi-auto until the BB problem was repaired.... I know other owners of Auto-dosing commercials for home use have done this or intend to...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1171430968/0#7 date=1172041295
                Even if the BB did fail, you could probably still use the machine as a semi-auto until the BB problem was repaired.... I know other owners of Auto-dosing commercials for home use have done this or intend to...

Mal.
                Yep, Im one of those... If (when?) the computer fails... it will be back to semi-auto (which is a relatively small job).... but Id bet the board on the BZ is far better built than the consumer grade machines (including the super autos - which have real reliability problems in this area)

And the BZ35s group looks very much like the La Cimbalis - there is a clamp ring which holds the PF - easily removed and makes working on the group really easy - a brilliant idea. And this machine appears to be in fabulous condition (wouldnt expect any less from Sparky )

Comment

Gotta agree personally re the looks, have never really been sold on them in that department but then as Luca says, "its whats in the cup that counts"! Just have to convince the Minister of Aesthetic and Domestic Affairs of that and well be away! :

Comment

I think its artistic, in the cubist sense...

Its basically a small commercial machine that is suited to home use. However its not as small as the prosumer machines. I like the fact that only two phillips head screws hold the entire thing together. So its very easy to get into for adjustments.

BTW: Its almost entirely metal. Only the drip tray is plastic.

Ive always been a function over form guy. We have a small kitchen, so Ive been relegated to the dungeon room with this machine. When the La Pav came up I figured I was already in the dungeon, so no need to think about size (its big, like Arnie is big).

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

How much longer you thinking of holding it till it goes to the big auction site in the sky? Looks a good option but have to get into the house and get set up before Id be able (allowed ) to consider it.

Comment

Hi Greg, Ive PMed you with my elaborate response to your how long question.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Im surprised it hasnt sold yet. At that price, its an absolute steal.

Comment

Certainly a good buy; just wish I wasnt shifting from house to house so I might be able to consider it!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Pullman link=1171430968/15#19 date=1173494778
                              Certainly a good buy; just wish I wasnt shifting from house to house so I might be able to consider it!
                              Certainly is Greg, a really serious home machine thats for sure (and in immaculate condition).

You could always buy it for your "glory box"...... must be a birthday coming up (or some other excuse..... moving to Perth so your wife can be closer to her family works for me )

Comment

Working...
                              X