Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Makin Signature machine (demo)

Its time for this 3 month old baby to move aside to create some bench space for new stock. It has been used to demo to a few clients and has produced under 50 shots....So, well do a great deal on it and package a grinder as well if you wish....

Re: FS Makin Signature machine (demo)

Hmm ... maybe I should buy it and have a two-group at home ;P

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

So very tempting... Is it safe to assume its in perfect condition? Any marks/scratches of note? (concious of the aesthetics for the missus)

Comment

No dsg- Its in perfect nick....

Comment

For those yet to see this machine, heres some art:

Its still available and can be packaged with a bargain priced grinder from our range if required. Fully bench tested, pump pressure calibrated to 9.0 bar and boiler pressure to 1.1 bar.

Comment

Why is the boiler set to 1.1 bar? Touch low isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1171573165/0#5 date=1172239314
              Nope.... thats plenty.

My La Cimbali is set to 1.1 and theres enough steam to texture enough milk for 4 lates in about 20 seconds.... Any more - it would be uncontrollable and Id have milk everywhere .

Some commercials run a bit higher (up to about 1.5 maybe a bit more) - but thats more about speed than quality when it comes to milk texturing.

And the greater the pressure, the hotter the boiler - therefore greater differential between the boiler and the brew water - creating more of a temperature problem (but not if you have dual - or multiple- boilers..... I wonder when there will be second hand synessos )

Comment

Yeah...my work machine was running a bit high....1.6 bar...took it down to 1.3 bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1171573165/0#5 date=1172239314
                  Im running mine at 0.9 at the moment!! But Ill bump it to 1.0 or maybe 1.1 once I have finished experimenting. At this pressure, my cooling flush is small enough that Im not emptying the drip tray very often at all. I think that different machines respond to different pressures differently.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

The pencil has been sharpened on this one for a sale this week.

This true Giotto competitor is ready to go and well under retail price. Giotti are looking like theyre some weeks away...Save hundreds!

PM, email or call for details...

Chris

Comment

Hey Chris and prospective buyers

The giotto that Chris sold me a couple of weeks ago is bloody brilliant and so was the advice given by Chris (the coffee was great Chris)

Every night I turn off the lights in the kitchen before going up to bed and I swear...the giotto glows in the dark!

Comment

So does my Expobar.

Comment

And my Silvia - maybe were just compulsive espresso machine polishers......

Comment

and Thundergod - what can I say...is expobar, is good - we all have bling!

Comment

Comments irrelevant to this thread and more appropriate for PM or other forums have been removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X