Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!! SOLD !! Rancilio Silvia with Stealth PID!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! SOLD !! Rancilio Silvia with Stealth PID!

Hi All,

Due to an affliction called upgraditis my Rancilio Silvia is up for sale. There was a bargain too good to refuse....

It was bought brand new in July last year, is in near-perfect condition and has been modified with a made in UK Cal-Controls PID controller. Read about the advantages of a PID controller at one of the site sponsors : http://www.pidkits.com/ As you can see from the pictures, it neatly velcros in to place behind the stainless steel splash guard and can be accessed if required by the removal of 2 screws. Personally, after I set it up, I have never had to access it. The area it is mounted in remains cool and dry as it is isolated from the boiler area. For all intents and purposes it LOOKS like a standard Silvia but regulates the boiler temp plus or minus 1 deg Fahrenheit - no more temperature surfing and one less variable in the quest for the ultimate shot!

In addition to the standard accessories - manual, single basket, double basket, portafilter, plastic tamper and measuring spoon, I am including:

Stainless Tamper (I now have an Espro)
    Generic La Marzocco-style double basket (much better shot) and blind filter insert.

Asking $650 for what is basically a new machine with the advantage of temp control and extras.

Would prefer local pickup (Melbourne) but will ship at buyers expense.

PM me for any more details.

Captain Dan

Re: FOR SALE: Rancilio Silvia with Stealth PID!

This is a great pickup guys...

I know this machine well and its in fantastic nick- so it comes with a Talk Coffee seal of approval...

Good luck with the sale, Dan and congrats on entering the Giotto club 8-)

2mcm

Comment

Hi Captain Dan - Im interested - Ive PMd you

Slowdown

Comment

Hi Captain Dan

Having expressed interest, I now have to retract it.... I managed to pick up a old LaCimbali Junior out of the Quokka this weekend past ... while a project job in need of refurb, it should cure me of upgradeitis for some time to come (if I can get it going!) ...

Anyway, good luck with your sale.

Slowdown

Comment

Hi Dan,
          I am new to this country - from NZ. We are here for a year in Rockhampton. I own a La San Marco Pratical 95 E at home and am looking for a small home unit whilst here. I Thought of a Brasilia Club or Rancilia Silvia. I heard about your machine from a really helpful Chris at "Talk Coffee"
          I am interested if it is still for sale?
          Also looking for a mini mazzer grinder if you know of one?
          Please email or PM me....
          Many thanks
          Dave Austin

Comment

Hi All,
            It looks like the Silvia has sold. Out of interest, if anyone wants details on the stealth mod then just drop me a PM.
            Regards,
            Dan

Comment

Gday Dan,

Can you get back to us when the sale has completed? Will update the header to reflect this at that time,

Cheers,
              Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X