This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ## Sourced ## (was WANTED) DITTING GRINDER

Wanted Ditting 1403 or 1203 (KF1403 ideal) Single or 3 phase considered.
    I realise I may have more chance of stumbling onto weapons of mass distruction, but thought it was worth asking the question.

Cheers
    Micro

Re: WANTED DITTING GRINDER

Good luck Micro!

Why does it need to be a Ditting?

I had never heard of a Ditting grinder (google is my friend)
    http://www.coffeewisdom.com/ditting.htm

Comment

Hey Andy,

Dittings are grinders used exclusively for grinding for consumers at places such as roasters and delis.

Comment

Ditting and Mahlkoenig (id have a mahlkoenig VTA6s too anyday) from my research seem to be the best available. Ditting has the credentials of a 20yr lifespan (minus burrs of course) Roasters Ive spoken to speak volumes for their evenness of grind, durability and capacity... but most of all the quality retention of the end product.

www.ditting.com
        www.mahlkoenig.com

Comment

You want of these for home use?

Comment

No theyre much to big for home use

Comment

Home use?? Unless you have a sample roaster and are grinding coffee for friends...

Comment

I use a Climax for bag grinding. Not what you are looking for but if the volume is fairly low it might be suitable.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1092699175

The other thing you might try is contacting site sponsor Les, he has similar grinders to the Ditting and some other industrial style grinders too.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163932474

Comment

Aaahh the girl of my dreams... Finances may never enable such a beauty

Thanks everyone, Ill keep hunting.

Comment

Thanks Andy
                    Ive spoken to Les a few times, what great, genuine, nice guy!

Everyone speaks so highly of the Ditting (and Mahlkoenig) grinders Id love to find one...

Im probably delusional.

If not a Climax or DK will be a cool alternative for a while... I have a feeling impulse may get the better and a second mortgage to buy a new Ditting or Mahlk. though??

(Just missed out on the Ditting 1203 on ebay yesterday only $1300 including scales and bean dispenser!!!! )

Comment

Support Australian made, go the Climax!
                      I havent used them but Victor the guy who owns/builds is one of my regulars, last time we spoke he was designing a dosered version, very cluey guy.

Comment

The best deli or production grinders on the market today are either DITTING or MAHLKONIG end of story.

CLIMAX Grinders have always been problematic, parts have been very difficult to source (despite them being made in Australia).

DIP are ok and are essentially DITTING Clones, DIP are manufactured in Romania and again parts are hard to come by.

You buy a DITTING or MAHLKONIG it will be the last grinder you ever buy.

Check out their website and email the company and they will let you know who their Australian Dealers are.

The Australian Agent for Ditting is in Sydney.

Comment

Although Ive never personally used them, thats what most of the roasters I speak to say about the Ditting and Mahlkoenig grinders too..

The old saying you get what you pay for .....

Thanks everyone

P.S. A a newbie to CS I have to say its very cool speaking to people who "get" what Im on about.

Coffee perfection... An endless journey but the quest is alive and well!

Comment

I bought a romanian made copy of the Ditting from Les at coffeeroasters.com.au

I rekon its about 1/3 the price

http://www.coffeeroasters.com.au/product-details.php?theId=11

-- non sponsor post now removed --

Comment

Thanks everyone.....
                              New Ditting on the way.....

Comment

Working...
                              X