X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOURCED!! Wanted Gaggia, Silvia

Hi all,

After getting initiated in boiler machines with my G3 Ferrari (as posted here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1181457805/11) Im looking for a pre-loved Gaggia Baby, Classic, Silvia or similar that wont break my bank (and that wont make me have any arguments with my wife  ).
    I have a Sunbeam EM0480 grinder which I find really good for the price and it was only after I finally dialled in the grinder with the G3 Ferrari that the pump decided to go. Seeing as this machine is over 10 years old and the pump will cost me close to $100 I think itll be better to invest a bit more (up to $300) and get something made this century.

By the way, Im based in Sydney if that helps.

Cheers.

Re: WANTED Gaggia, Silvia, entry level boiler mach

Hi,

PM sent.

Thanks,

Scotty

Comment

Re: WANTED Gaggia, Silvia, entry level boiler mach

Thank you all (specially those who sent their offers via PM), but after a bit of looking around and more importantly after my "personal bank manager" (ie: wife) approval, Ive decided to splash a bit more of cash and go for a brand new Silvia.
      I was very close to purchase a Gaggia Baby D brand new at Myers only to find out that they had no stock (hence the low price) and that the demo unit has missing pieces.
      All this after having already bought a Rancilio steam wand from the friendly people at DiBartoli. They (DiBartloli) had recommended me to save a bit more and go for the Silvia but I couldnt justify the expense just then.
      After coming back to return the steam wand and consulting it with my significant other we decided that with some of the money I got form my tax return I could go for the Silvia.

So my hunt started for a good brand new Silvia deal and after a bit of digging through the net I found a place that would give me the machine with some extras thrown in for just a bit over $700 including post so I ordered it yesterday and Im now waiting for delivery (calling them every half hour to check status, Im THAT anxious).

Havent made coffee for a week now and Im starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms (not form not having coffee but from not making it!).

Well, a new adventure awaits and Ill love to share it with all the nice people here!

Comment

Re: !!!CLOSED!!! WANTED Gaggia, Silvia

Youll need a grinder...

Comment

Re: !!!CLOSED!!! WANTED Gaggia, Silvia

Originally posted by not4us link=1185424936/0#0 date=1185424936
          Hi all,

After getting initiated in boiler machines with my G3 Ferrari (as posted here http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1181457805/11) Im looking for a pre-loved Gaggia Baby, Classic, Silvia or similar that wont break my bank (and that wont make me have any arguments with my wife  ).
          I have a Sunbeam EM0480 grinder which I find really good for the price and it was only after I finally dialled in the grinder with the G3 Ferrari that the pump decided to go. Seeing as this machine is over 10 years old and the pump will cost me close to $100 I think itll be better to invest a bit more (up to $300) and get something made this century.

By the way, Im based in Sydney if that helps.

Cheers.
          did I hear a call for a refurb?

Comment

Working...
          X