This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **SOURCED** - Wiper Motor

Im looking for a wiper motor that will be suitable for my TO Roaster. Im keeping a lookout at the bay of not-so-saintly, but thought Id check here first to see if a CSr would like to off-load one.

So, is there a CSr out there who possibly bought a wiper motor with the intention of using it for roasting beans,.. but went corretto instead,...or maybe a CSr has connections in the right places   .  I need one pretty fast,.. have got to get this roaster finished so that I can use it for the Roast-Off (beans are here).

Im hoping to pay no more than say $25-30 all up after shipping, for a suitable one.

Maybe I should just yank mine out of my car... hardly ever need to use it here anyway.  

Re: WTB - Wiper Motor

Have you tried your friendly local car-wreckers Remy?

Thats where most people get em from I believe,

Mal.

Comment

Any local U pull it wrecking yards around? You just bring your own tools, and get the parts yourself. Novel idea if you have the tools.

Comment

Yes thats the best way an Auto wrecker

But be aware of the cost of a new motor first call a Repco or similar parts distributor and ask what is the cheapest motor for sale.

As any wiper motor will do go for the not so popular car makes as they may cost less

Then call the wrekers
        ask if they have one on the shelf gathering dust

But call first to see if one is available  to save time and fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1209891206/0#1 date=1209891828
          Have you tried your friendly local car-wreckers Remy?

Thats where most people get em from I believe,

Mal.
          no,. guess I should see whats around here in the way of wreckers...... Im just so out of the wreckers loop... havent a clue.  ~~pulls out the yellow pages~~
          Thanks Mal

Comment

Originally posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1209891206/0#2 date=1209895410
            Any local U pull it wrecking yards around?  You just bring your own tools, and get the parts yourself.  Novel idea if you have the tools.
            Wow,.. sounds like fun. I have the yellow pages in front of me now,. and will look out for one of these... never heard of them before. Thanks WOTB

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1209891206/0#3 date=1209900561
              Yes thats the best way an Auto wrecker

But be aware of the cost of a new motor first call a Repco or similar parts distributor and ask what is the cheapest motor for sale.

As any wiper motor will do go for the not so popular car makes as they may cost less

Then call the wrekers
              ask if they have one on the shelf gathering dust

But call first to see if one is available  to save time and fuel.
              Great ideas,.. thanks KK,.. I will do all of the above!!!!

Comment

Remy

You could try a robot hobby shop or Jaycar
                ask for a high torque steel geard motor 25 to 50 rpm should be fine
                see this link

http://www.servocity.com/html/robotzone_gear_motors.html

most are 12 volt

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1209891206/0#7 date=1209901894
                  Remy

You could try a robot hobby shop or Jaycar
                  ask for a high torque steel geard motor 25 to 50 rpm should be fine
                  see this link

http://www.servocity.com/html/robotzone_gear_motors.html

most are 12 volt
                  Awesome,.thanks KK.... that certainly gives me more options. I never thought of hobby motors.

Comment

Remy just be wary of the price.
                    I found when I was looking some were charging a fortune.

In the end I got one from the Bay of Evil for $9 + $7 postage.
                    Really nice bloke to deal with.
                    Was a wrecker but not a shark like the others.

Comment

Thanks TG,. Ill do a bit of a ring around today and see what the prices are like locally. There is one or two on the bay of evil that look ok but of course they still have 6 or 7days on them and likely to go up considerably before the time is up,...and Im worried if I wait for another 7days then miss out anyway,.. itll be getting too close to the Roast-Off for me to get it all fitted and test runs done etc.

Comment

Did some ringing around just now, and 1st guy said $50, 2nd guy said $35, and 3rd guy said "Yeah weve got heaps,..awe I dunno probably about 5 or 10 bucks".. Bingo! He said he wasnt sure though and needed to check this with the mechanic as soon as he gets back in the workshop in about 30mins. So Ill zoom off down the road in about 30mins and see how I go.

Comment

Ok,.. bought one this morning for $30 at a local wreckers. Could a mod please change the title now?.. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hang on!

What happened to the "Yeah weve got heaps,..awe I dunno probably about 5 or 10 bucks"??

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1209891206/0#13 date=1209951578
                              Hang on!  

What happened to the "Yeah weve got heaps,..awe I dunno probably about 5 or 10 bucks"??
                              Yeah exactly!!  was I peed off?... yes!  did I say anything? no!   Unfortunately the guy who said about 5 to 10 bucks wasnt the mechanic that was out and I had to wait until he got back to workshop.  

I was ratting around in the workshop (with the 5 to 10 guy) while still waiting for the mechanic to show,.. and found a couple of milk crates with them in,... but after seeing the front wipers (which were all huge btw)with $55 prices written on them,. I kinda expected at that point that the 5 to 10 buck thing was not going to happen. So when he said $30,.. I sucked in a deep breath to prevent a loud sigh and handed him $30. There was some split second dialogue in my head before the money left my hand though.. like.. do I go back and look on ebay?,.. do I look around at more wreckers here to find the same prices and just have to drive out here again etc??

So,.. to save hassle,.. I bought it begrudgingly at that price.  >

Comment

Working...
                              X