This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Espresso Quest - Instaurator

I would recommend this book to anyone who has never heard themselves say "Its just coffee".

The book was getting a fair bit of pre-release hype (with a different title) and now I have the actual book in my grasp I can see why.  It has been produced as a hardcover printed on heavy stock and full of stunning shallow depth of field photos that make you quickly thumb through the book from cover to cover twice before reading a word.

And the read?  In a word, excellent.  This is an insight to the thoughts and opinions of one of Australia’s great coffee personalities who in just 3 decades has achieved goals that few others in our local industry ever will.

Will you agree with everything in the book?  I doubt it, and that’s the real beauty of coffee and the quest for coffee nirvana.  In the journey we take our own sensory and the vicarious experience of others in combination to weave our own trail and this book does a great job of provoking thought, ideas and further discussion.

You can download a sample of the book from the Espresso Quest website:
    https://www.espressoquest.com/Espresso-Quest-Ebook-Sample.pdf

The hardcover, first print edition of the book is available in the BeanBay "other stuff" section for the RRP of $60.00 (includes FairCrack donation)

http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx/213-the-espresso-quest-book

Re: The Espresso Quest - Instaurator

Bought this book off the last BeanBay and am about half way through. It is very interesting and I respect the authors willingness to change his opinions and preconceived ideas based purely on taste, rather than listen to what he calls data free observations from other people.

The photos are fantastic and his style is excellent. Although expensive, I will keep looking at this for years to come.

Ben

Comment

If someone wants to learn what coffee making is all about right from growing down to the baristas art without getting lost in the technicalities, this book is for you. Not only does the author do an excellent job of conveying what they feel about coffee, they also manage to get the reader passionately involved in coffee and its intricacies.

This is a must read and if you are even semi-serious about coffee, just buy it, there is something new to be discovered every time you read it..

Comment

good

Comment

I have this book, it was a present. Its a good read and theres alot of local references, Australia and Sydney which makes it closer to home, literally.

Comment

I cant believe I still have not got this book!
            Ill have to check out amazon or somewhere.
            Who knows an Aust. distributor?
            Cheers,
            Carlos.

Comment

Originally posted by 2121233E264E0 link=1211795189/5#5 date=1252234909
              I cant believe I still have not got this book!
              Ill have to check out amazon or somewhere.
              Who knows an Aust. distributor?
              Cheers,
              Carlos.
              LOL Carlos. You can get it right here at CS in the Buy Green>Other stuff Section.

Comment

does anyone knoe the approx price for it??

Comment

It should have been called The Egomaniacs Quest IMHO ... and if it wasnt about coffee, it wouldnt be considered a very good book ... its all over the shop ... but if coffee is your thang, then you pretty much have to read this. It annoyed and frustrated me, and I came away hoping that I never meet the author, but I enjoyed the ride nonetheless.

CM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4E4C405D4F4841412D0 link=1211795189/8#8 date=1270365983
                    It should have been called The Egomaniacs Quest IMHO ... and I came away hoping that I never meet the author
                    The fact that the author changed his name by deed poll and the very definition of the term give you an idea of how he regards himself, even before reading a single word from the book.

Ill continue along my coffee journey in my own stumbling manner.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 3F35353A353331540 link=1211795189/9#9 date=1273559611
                      The fact that the author changed his name by deed poll and the very definition of the term give you an idea of how he regards himself, even before reading a single word from the book.
                      It has more meaning than that too him, I dont understand completely but there are family ties to the word. I very much enjoyed the book on the first read (cant wait for my sister to give it back to me for another look) and would recommend it to others.

Seems like someone is judging a book by it cover ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X