X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Fully Restored 1950s Faema FP Grinder

Hi all,

Ive finished restoring a Faema FP electric doser grinder from the late 1950s and am putting it up for sale as its too much machine for me - Im going to go doserless.

Was gathering dust at my dads for several decades until I found it.. Dont know how many of these there are in Australia but I suspect only a handful, if that. Its 240V 50Hz (suitable for Australia and NZ) and has serial #15001 on the label.

Its been a fun project bringing it back to almost original condition (bar the hopper, which I suspect was glass originally) and its in full working order. Its nice and shiny now thanks to a fair bit of metal polishing, there are still marks on the surface (visible on photos) but these do not detract from the overall appearance. Beautiful retro styling means its sure to be a rare showoff/conversation piece.

Grinder adjustment is stepped, with flat burrs and high throughput. Hopper should hold around 1kg of beans. Smooth, quiet operation. Ive installed a new power cord (around 1m), new rubber feet, new doser window, and sharpened the burrs. New burrs are available from coffeeparts or similar suppliers. The tamper was broken at the top so its been ground back to square. Tamper can be removed if you prefer a handheld type. I have an extra portafilter holder to go with the machine.

Many more pictures available for your viewing pleasure at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26531787@N08/sets/72157605513308610/

Price: $1200 or near offer - cash only
    Inspection: Can be arranged by request for serious buyers

If youre interested please PM me.

Regards,
    Mark

Re: FS: Fully Restored 1950s Faema FP Grinder (Syd

Okay - the deafening silence tells me that I need to sharpen the price - Reduced to a final price of $1000.

Id much prefer that a CSer take it home with them rather than subjecting it to evilbay

Mark

Comment

Its a beautiful machine that deserves a good home. Congrats on the excellent restoration.

Bit beyond my league though. Im sure if you dont get offers here you could advertise elsewhere.

Comment

Hi

Most of the grinder looks really nice. Nice styling but its that plastic hopper which looks like it is plastered into the grinder that spoils it. Of course its probably nearly impossible or simply too expensive to obtain the original glass hopper. It is always a problem in restoration of how far one goes and what $ is spent on it.

I hope you find a good 1950s home for it.

Mike

Comment

The hoppers actually white metal, but I agree, It does look pretty bad.

I could fit it with a perspex hopper and black lid from coffeeparts as it would fit the throat of the grinder, but the original hopper lid (as shown) doesnt fit the coffeeparts hopper.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X