This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Silvia with PID

Five year old Silvia with Fuji PXR3 PID that needs repairing or replacing.  The PID works for brewing but often gives an error message when steaming.  It will still allow you to steam but wont always show the correct the temperature - this is no big deal anyway.  

You can pick up a new Fuji PXR3 on eBay for around Aus $90 plus shipping.  Just pop it straight into where the existing PID sits and connect the existing wires and its ready to run for another five years.

Or you can disconnect the PID and reinstall the original brew t-stat which I still have.

A new Silvia with PID sells for around $1300.

This excellent unit is yours for $350 plus postage.

So why aren’t I doing the replacement?  At 76 I don’t have a lot of inclination to go down that path.  

She has a three hole steam tip which makes extra smooth micro-foam.

Attached is a photo of Silvia sitting on brew temperature.

Re: Silvia with PID

Would be mega-interested if I could pick up and get a lesson lol. But am in Vic so have sent PM asking about approximate postage costs...

Comment

You should have my reply PM by now Tashie

Comment

For anyone interested in shipping costs, I just discovered that its too big for Aust post to accept. >

It would weigh around 15kg gross and thats acceptable, but the dimensions are outside their guidelines. The box would be around 43x34x45 cm.

So for any interstate buyers it would be best if you obtain a quote from a local carrier.

Comment

You might want to check out this courier www.e-go.com.au

I bought a machine & grinder from another CS member and used them.  In fact they literally arrived 5min ago (cant wait to get them home and play.........the machine and grinder that is, not the couriers).

In my limited searching they seemed to be around half the cost of most others and you dont need open an account (like with most couriers).

On the downside, they did not pick up on the designated date and my CS pal in country NSW was good enough to drop it off at the nearest depot on Friday afternoon. It arrived Tuesday afternoon here in Adelaide.

After looking more closely at the companys website, they did mention that pick ups in country towns usually take one extra day....so I guess that was an oversight on my part.

I dont have any financial interest in this company but had a reasonably good experience with them so thought Id share it with other CS members.

Id guess that shipping a well packaged Siliva from Sydney to Melbourne would cost ~$22

Comment

350! that is so cheap for a machine and pid! ! but im planning on buying a higher end machine 1.5kish machine nearer to the end of the year >.>

try and sway me !

age, usage and what other stuff does it come with ?

Comment

you live in carlingford? im just on marsden road hahaha. Damn if i didnt buy my machine already.

Comment

Originally posted by 5A1E485B2E0 link=1243310647/5#5 date=1243317450
                350! that is so cheap for a machine and pid! ! but im planning on buying a higher end machine  1.5kish machine nearer to the end of the year >.>

try and sway me !

age, usage and what other stuff does it come with ?
                Its five years old but last week it was restored to top working condition by Jetblack who Im sure will vouch for its condition. The PID is faulty but can be replaced by a new one - thats a cheap option if you buy a Fuji on eBay.

It comes with a blind filter for back flushing, a double and single basket. Its fitted with a three hole steam tip and the original single hole goes with it. There is a custom made aluminum tamper, as well a spare set of steam valve O-rings and washers, a users manual for the Silvia and one for the PID.

Im not sure what machine or grinder you have at the moment, but what you save by buying this one you can put towards a really top end grinder, and believe me thats what makes the difference between coffee and COFFEE!

Comment

Originally posted by 705751565B220 link=1243310647/3#3 date=1243316091
                  For anyone interested in shipping costs, I just discovered that its too big for Aust post to accept.  >

It would weigh around 15kg gross and thats acceptable, but the dimensions are outside their guidelines.  The box would be around 43x34x45 cm.

So for any interstate buyers it would be best if you obtain a quote from a local carrier.
                  I recently shipped a Silvia to Melbourne from Perth and it cost $38 with a courier company. Took about 4-5 days to get there!

Comment

Originally posted by 243126262D2E222D430 link=1243310647/8#8 date=1243319397
                    Originally posted by 705751565B220 link=1243310647/3#3 date=1243316091
                    For anyone interested in shipping costs, I just discovered that its too big for Aust post to accept.  >

It would weigh around 15kg gross and thats acceptable, but the dimensions are outside their guidelines.  The box would be around 43x34x45 cm.

I recently shipped a Silvia to Melbourne from Perth and it cost $38 with a courier company. Took about 4-5 days to get there!

Thanks for that. I thought around $40 should cover it.

Comment

That is a lot of kit for $350.

Tofu you will need a tamp and blind filter for the more expensive machine. Spend $100 and get the PID sorted out and youre laughing. Keep the accessories and sell the machine for a profit in a year all the while enjoying great coffee.

GL with the sale Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by 5A656364797E4F527F697C75100 link=1243310647/10#10 date=1243320236

CoffeeSnob
                        Perth

Reply #10 - Today at 4:43pm Mark & Quote Quote
                        That is a lot of kit for $350.

Tofu you will need a tamp and blind filter for the more expensive machine.Spend $100 and get the PID sorted out and youre laughing.Keep the accessories and sell the machine for a profit in a year all the while enjoying great coffee.

GL with the
                        Thanks Justin. I need the cash to put towards a Compak S3

Comment

Hi Rusty
                          I have PMed you re purchase.
                          Is that the correct procedure?
                          I look forward to hearing from you.
                          Regards.

Comment

PM sent on the off chance its not sold already

Comment

Silvia sold to spencarr in Bundaberg QLD. Thanks to all who showed an interest in her and better luck next time to those who missed out.

So Rocky went south and Silvia goes north :

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X