This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Tostatutto Roaster

As promised the famous "Death Star" Tostatutto roaster is now for sale.
    I cant comment on its roasting ability (if any) as it was purchased as a novelty item.
    A guy in NZ created a www almost dedicated to this piece of Italian engineering excellence - google it if interested.
    The Tostatutto consists of a metal frame which holds a vented metal ball which is turn is motorised enabling a slow rotation of the ball - the photo is self explanatory. The metal ball is clipped to allow the contents to be added and removed.
    Obviously a heat source needs to be applied below the ball in its standard configuration.
    Other CS members may also be proud owners of a Tostatutto and can offer advice on using it as a coffee roaster?  
    Personally, I would look at enclosing the ball (which can be easily removed from the metal frame) into a fan forced heat box. Add some control over temp. inside the box and the fact there is no direct heat applied to the bottom of the ball as it rotates and it should result in a half decent roast? Dealing with the chaff may be fun, however thats what hair dryers (fan only) were invented to do.
    Anyhow, this is a CS roaters dream come true (or perhaps nightmare?) and is all yours for the modest sum of $60.
    Preference will be given to Brisbane CS members as pickup from Nudgee is required. However, if no Brisbane CS members are interested (by Sunday 19 July) I will arrange packing and shipping to anywhere in OZ (at the buyers cost of course).
    If you are interested in buying this item please POST the fact you have PMd me with a view to purchase. First in (posted) first served.
    Cheers
    Nigel

Re: FS: Tostatutto Roaster $60

pm sent Nigel.

Comment

Originally posted by 42465142414A4042230 link=1247774112/0#0 date=1247774112
      Preference will be given to Brisbane CS members as pickup from Nudgee is required.

As the first Brisbane CS member to contact
      PM sent

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 43676E6E6D6D5743677B6567080 link=1247774112/2#2 date=1247781654
        Originally posted by 42465142414A4042230 link=1247774112/0#0 date=1247774112
        Preference will be given to Brisbane CS members as pickup from Nudgee is required.

As the first Brisbane CS member to contact
        PM sent

KK

KK ya do not need it..  

I am northside so closer ;D

Will be at Vs on Saturday Morning

Pm Sent

Comment

Boys, boys...settle....I obviously need it more....lol.

aerabica: payment completed; courier booked; pm sent.

Cheers!

Comment

Me thinks you are pulling my leg Dennis
            In any case you have Dudley & you dont need another roaster

For all you know I am already driving to Nudgee to collect it

KK

Comment

Re: FS: ** SOLD ** Tostatutto Roaster $60 ** SOLD **

Guys

Dennis has secured this item. It is "sold"

As he agreed to arrange all the courier stuff and there was no packing hassles I agreed to sell it to the first in CS member.

Brisbane CS members need not be disappointed as there are more goodies to come - see La Pavoni Dome for example ........

This plus other items will strictly be first Brisbane CS member (collection only) until this Sunday as packing these items fit into the too hard basket.

Cheers
              Nigel

Comment

Re: FS: ** SOLD ** Tostatutto Roaster $60 ** SOLD **

I sense a new addition to a certain Sylvania shop-front window display is imminent. (Once Dens had a good play with it of course.) ;D

Good pick-up, Den.

Comment

Working...
                X