Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!GONE!! (FairCrack Donation): 18g Synesso Basket (Brand New)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!GONE!! (FairCrack Donation): 18g Synesso Basket (Brand New)

I bought a 14g (double) Synesso basket from Jetblack espresso on my way past today, but they accidentally gave me an 18g one. Instead of bothering with the hassle of swapping it with them, Im asking for a $15 FairCrack donation and Ill post this straight to you free of charge (pickup preferred though!).

How does that sound?

John

Re: For Sale (FairCrack Donation): 18g Synesso Basket (Brand New)

I might be interested but can u tell me what so special about Synesso basket? How is it going to improve the shot?

Originally posted by 75585952485548453C0 link=1249627178/0#0 date=1249627178
    I bought a 14g (double) Synesso basket from Jetblack espresso on my way past today, but they accidentally gave me an 18g one. Instead of bothering with the hassle of swapping it with them, Im asking for a $15 FairCrack donation and Ill post this straight to you free of charge (pickup preferred though!).

How does that sound?

John

Comment

search is your friend, have a look at pullman tampers site, over here,<--------- in the site sponsors,

they are great baskets, make a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by 595F47474F5849584F474B2A0 link=1249627178/1#1 date=1249637370
        I might be interested but can u tell me what so special about Synesso basket? How is it going to improve the shot?
        someones already PMd me, but Im going for first confirmed in, the suit is yours!

the synesso baskets are generally higher quality baskets for a few reasons:

1) theyre rounder
        2) theyre ridgeless (needs a $4.50 spring in your portafilter, most have this already), so coffee grounds dont get stuck in a bit your tamper misses
        3) they have straight sides til the basket curve, so your tamper glides cleanly down
        4) they have well-drilled, round holes and a well-moulded and incredibly smooth bottom surface.

this produces more even extractions, helps prevent channelling and lopsided extractions and also prevents the under-extracted edges syndrome (or over-extracted middle) you can get with ledged baskets. in short, if you dont have synesso baskets, youre missing out.

if this doesnt sell, ill be happy to keep it (one in my spouted, one in my naked pf) but as I already have one, charity would be a better place for the $$.

Comment

The Synesso baskets are indeed a quality item--I got one with my Pullman tamper.

When I had the baby VBM I preferred its double basket for better flavour extractions. It did seem to have smaller holes in a slightly more dense pattern than the Synesso.

I prefer the Synesso to the Diadema standard double.

Greg

Comment

Re: !!SOLD!! (FairCrack Donation): 18g Synesso Basket (Brand New)

sold (as far as it goes) to telemaster - let me know when the faircracks paid and PM me with your address, and itll go out on Monday!

Comment

Working...
            X