This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! FS: La Pavoni Europiccola, Jolly Doser & Base

For sale is a recently re-furbished Europiccola together with a matching La Pavoni Jolly Doser Grinder and combined base unit.

The Europiccola is the Millenium addition (purchased around 2001), and has had all seals/gaskets replaced and the base freshly powder coated.  Prior to restoration there was some corrosion under the drip tray in the base, and there is still some pitting visible as a result.  This is not at all structural, and not visible when the drip tray is in place.

The combined base has also been freshly powder coated, however there is some visible pitting in the recess where the coffee machine sits.  Once again this is not structural, and does not detract from the overall appearance of the combo.

Please PM if you would like to see more (or larger) photos.

The unit is located in Perth WA, local pick-up preferred, but I would look at packing for transport if there was sufficient interest.

I am asking $650.

Re: FS: La Pavoni Europiccola, Jolly Doser & Base

:-?No Pav expert here but this looks like a pre-millenium model to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 24232234343E570 link=1255046783/0#0 date=1255046783
      Prior to restoration there was some corrosion under the drip tray in the base, and there is still some pitting visible as a result.
      Id add that this is entirely normal on these machines and most Pavs 5+ years old will have it. So long as its been treated before it was too far advanced its normally nothing to worry about.

Good luck with the sale!

Comment

Originally posted by 435C56475A54585047350 link=1255046783/1#1 date=1255075291
        :-?No Pav expert here but this looks like a pre-millenium model to me.
        I am no Pav expert either, so I will leave it for others to confirm...

I can add that the build date is November 2000, inside diameter of the filter basket is ~49.7mm, group to boiler is bolted with o-ring face seal and the piston is plastic (not brass). I do not believe that the piston cylinder is teflon lined, it looked like hardened steel to me.

If any other info is required to confirm, please let me know.

Comment

My comment is based on the shape of the bell as shown Here. Yours looks pre-millenium to me, thats all. Either way its a good deal your offering.

Comment

Originally posted by 445B51405D535F5740320 link=1255046783/4#4 date=1255087614
            My comment is based on the shape of the bell as shown Here. Yours looks pre-millenium to me, thats all. Either way its a good deal your offering.
            Now I am more confused! I agree that the bell shape looks like what is suggested to be the pre-millenium. However the steam wand is removable and the switch is a single?

Measuring inside of the PF, this diameter is 51.8mm. So technically this is a pre-millenium model, but it generally falls into the "in-between" classification I think.

Comment

Can you give a price on packing/freight to Ballarat, Vic?

Thanks,

shaun

Comment

Originally posted by 2D363F2B306D6D6B695E0 link=1255046783/6#6 date=1255293383
                Can you give a price on packing/freight to Ballarat, Vic?

Thanks,

shaun

PM sent.

Comment

Price reduction - $600

While maybe an unlikely trade, I would also consider swapping these items for a 2nd hand Macap M4/Mazzer Mini or other grinder of similar quality.

Cheers,
                  Simon

Comment

If this is half pre & post millinuem does it have water temperature/pressure  correction?

Also does it have a nylon or brass piston head?

Comment

Hi stucci,

Could I grab a price for packing and freight to Brisbane thanks mate?

Cheers,

Jaso

Comment

Originally posted by 7641474055340 link=1255046783/9#9 date=1255357959
                        If this is half pre & post millinuem does it have water temperature/pressure  correction?

Also does it have a nylon or brass piston head?
                        Piston head is definitely nylon. The machine has a single switch (as per millennium model), it has a thermostat to control temperature and, indirectly, pressure.

Once again, I am no Pav expert, just trying to piece together information on the web with what I observed during the refurbishment.

Comment

Item has now been sold, thanks to all that have shown interest.

Simon

Comment

Working...
                          X