This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!!: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo/levetta

A site sponsor offered me a good deal on a HX machine so I am selling my VBM Levetta SS.

I bought the machine second hand so I dont know its history. When I received it I gave it a thorough clean, de-scale, lube, replaced the shower screen + seal and I have been exceptionally happy with its performance ever since.

There are a few things though which I need to point out though to any potential buyers. I try my utmost to be a honest seller.

1.) It has scratches on the group (see image below). It was like this when I got it and I have absolutely no idea these could happen.

2.) The pressure doesnt seem to release fully/immediately when the shot is ended.

What this means is if you want your puck to stay in tact you have to wait about 7-8 seconds before removing the group handle. This has never bothered me.

I believe the cause of this is due to wear on the drain pin.
    The pin can be bought from coffee parts for $1.95 or the whole drain assembly for $14.10.

3.) The boiler gets steamy. So before you run a shot you should purge the air from the boiler for about 5 seconds. I have never bothered to look into this until now. A quick google seems to indicate that the cause is the OPV valve (see here: http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/consumer/quickmillalexia/bmiano3).

I couldnt find the price on the coffeeparts website but I doubt it is expensive. Perhaps a sponsor can advise.

4.) Its the stainless steel version

As I mentioned, the problems above have never bothered me and you still get an excellent coffee. If you are not a tinkerer it might be worth while getting it serviced.

The machine is located in Granville NSW. I would prefer local pickup but will post at buyers expense.

I am asking $850 ono.

Any questions please PM me.
    The bottomless group handle is not included in the sale.

Re: Vibiemme Piccolo/levetta

I just made a coffee and thought I would test out the pressure release as listed in number two above ^.

Thought I would point out that it really isnt a problem. I pulled the shot and removed the PF almost immediately without a problem.

Comment

Re: FS: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo/levetta

hi,

Am quite interested in the machine! how much would shipping costs to melbourne?

Thx

Comment

PM sent!

Comment

Need this gone (not really but its not doing any good sitting on my floor).
          Lowering the price to $750 ono

Comment

Originally posted by 64786E0C0 link=1255311570/4#4 date=1257989931
            Need this gone (not really but its not doing any good sitting on my floor).
            Lowering the price to $750 ono
            I am surprised you still have it

Rechroming of group will be < $100 and they are in excess of 2k new....if you could get one with stainless sides...

2mcm

Comment

Thanks 2mcm. It is a good machine I had a number of PMs. I think potential buyers are just being cautious.

Comment

@ htb
                Hi there,

You mention that the bottomless group handle is not part of the package, does it still have the original group handle? Double and single baskets?

Thanks,
                Liam

Comment

Hi liamo,

It comes with a single group handle + single and double baskets.

htb

Comment

Thanks, PM sent.

Liam

Comment

PM to come (just getting my first post in first!)

hs.

Comment

The machine is sold pending payment.
                        I hope the machine brings years of caffeinated joy to the new owner

Comment

Re: !!SOLD!! p/p: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo/levetta

Originally posted by 4E5244260 link=1255311570/11#11 date=1258675041
                          The machine is sold pending payment.
                          I hope the machine brings years of caffeinated joy to the new owner
                          Can you advise one of the Mods when payment is received please mate? Well close off the thread then...

Thanks,
                          Mal.

Comment

Working...
                          X