X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!!: RocketEspresso Giotto Ex. Cond + Rocky + Pullman Tamp

Hi Folks,

I am moving overseas at the end of December and sadly my beautiful Giotto and Rocky Grinder must be sold.

The Giotto was bought in early 2007 from Chris @ TalkCoffee. I believe it comes with his mod that produces more and dryer steam (and if memory serves it helps with thermostability too -- dont quote me on the last part)

The Rocky Grinder I have had for a while - I would guess at maybe getting it in 2006 sometime, but my memory here is vague. It was bought off of a CSer here along with a Silvia, which I eventually sold after upgrading to the Giotto.

The Giotto is in great condition - cleaned/flushed regularly and probably only pulls 1-2 shots a day. It had one small issue where the screws that mounted the E61 group had come a little undone. Chris fixed this in about 5-10mins by simply popping the top off and tightening the screws. I have not had a problem with it since.

The Rocky is in good working order too. Some of the rubber feet have come off over time, but it doesnt cause it to be wonky on the benchtop or scratch/move around at all.

I love this Giotto probably more than any machine Ive ever owned (including computers and cars!) -- its truly my pride and joy and I will be sad to see it go.

I am looking for 2000 for the Giotto and 250 for the Rocky. Im going to throw in my pullman tamper with the Giotto which is valued around 70 bucks or so, from memory. I also have a Grindenstein knock box from Sunbeam that Im happy to include if you need that too.

If you want to take the lot Ill knock another 50 bucks off for a cool 2200.

I would prefer local pick up as shipping such heavy/awkward stuff is a real pain.

I have attached a JPEG pic of the setup to this post.

Please PM me on here to discuss.

Lachlan

Re: FS: [MELB] RocketEspresso Giotto Ex. Cond + Rocky + Pullman Tamp

The RRP on the Deluxe Tamper is $129.95.

Comment

Hi there. Just wondering - Is the Rocky a Doser?

Comment

Originally posted by 7E63677B7660677261130 link=1260844586/2#2 date=1261009008
        Hi there. Just wondering - Is the Rocky a Doser?
        It comes in both configurations
        Doser & Doser-less

But you will find it harder to get a doser version

KK

Comment

The Rocky shown in the picture above, is a doser version.

Comment

how come the portafilter is turned soo far to the right?

Comment

It requires a new group seal.

This group seal is far gone by many many months. Its a cheap part to replace. < $10 with spacers if required.

Im also fairly certain this is not a Rocket Espresso Giotto PP. This is an old ECM Giotto.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the group seal needs replacing. Ill look into that.

Probably explains the "why is the handle so far to the right" question too?

How can one tell when a group seal needs replacing anyhow? Is it just how much rotation is needed to load the PF in?

FYI, This is definitely a RocketEspresso branded machine - The badge on it says so. Still it is one of the machines badged under the brand not too long after they took over from ECM - I believe it is equivalent to a RocketEspresso Premium (not Premium Plus.. that has an extra guage.)

Comment

Note - The group handle and pump lever are occluding the Giotto/Rocket badge in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C6E6C68741D0 link=1260844586/7#7 date=1261095896
                    (not Premium Plus.. that has an extra guage
                    not extra, just full circle pressure guage, these machines are fantastic with chriss thermostability mod! just as much if not more steam than a GPP!

good luck with the sale!

warren

Comment

Re: !!SOLD!! RocketEspresso Giotto Ex. Cond + Rocky + Pullman Tamp

Apologies for the false start here folks - it looks like when my housemate found out I intended to sell the lot that he decided he could not live without it and made me an offer for it all.

Seems I cant edit the OP - so could one of the mods mark this as closed?

Thanks!
                      Lachlan

Comment

Working...
                      X