X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOURCED!! - Combi Machine in Good Condition

Hi All

Ive just taken a new position about 1.5 hours from home, so drivings going to become a big part of my life and, as a result, I will need coffee to fuel it!

Im after a cheap, but still reasonably good, setup that I can put into my new workplace to make coffees for the trip home in the afternoons.

Im thinking along the lines of a combi machine because I cant really afford a second full setup to the standards Ive now come to accept as normal and a grinder is a must.

I can only afford around the $300 mark plus postage (or $350 if local) and Im happy to organise the courier but I cant get away with a lot more than that, unfortunately.

I know its a very, very long shot with my limited funds, but has someone got a machine thats in pretty good condition laying around as a spare or unused?

:-*

Cheers
    Di

*  Note:  Now, I know some of you boys are going to jump on me and suggest a manual grinder and aeropress, but Ive got the Aeropress already and not really keen on what it produces - I like my machinery and wont have much time to be fiddling around at work. *

Re: WTB - Combi Machine in Good Condition

Originally posted by 12352331295A0 link=1268434357/0#0 date=1268434357
    drivings going to become a big part of my life and, as a result, I will need coffee to fuel it!
    This might help. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1268277255

Comment

Consider a Mypressi Twist for that price Di. Good espresso, but youll need the microwave if you want it milky.

Comment

Thanks Den - thats the main problem and why Im after a machine, I like my milk based drinks. Coffee sans milk is a little bit to strong intense for my tastebuds...

Thanks for the suggestion, but - I did contemplate something like this and a mokka pot or similar, but I dont think theres stovetop capability in the kitchen and, once again, Id spend so much time fiddling around that Id get a bad reputation after a day or two: not a good thing to have when youre new!

Cheers
        Di

Comment

Hi Di,
          I was planning on taking some photos of my Quaha Napoletana II tonight and putting it up for sale here. Its essentially the same as the Lelit Combi, just a different name.
          Will PM you details later tonight or tomorrow, depending on whether my son gives me some time to myself today. It will be within your budget.
          Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by 507761736B180 link=1268434357/3#3 date=1268450995
            Thanks Den - thats the main problem and why Im after a machine, I like my milk based drinks. Coffee sans milk is a little bit to strong intense for my tastebuds...

Thanks for the suggestion, but - I did contemplate something like this and a mokka pot or similar, but I dont think theres stovetop capability in the kitchen and, once again, Id spend so much time fiddling around that Id get a bad reputation after a day or two: not a good thing to have when youre new!

Cheers
            Di
            How about a Rebuilt EM6910 and you get a little hand grinder... Ya know the nice ceramic ones  

Ya know how to use it and the grinder is small enough to carry in ya Hummer  

(PS. Could have a EM6900 in a few weeks and then its as good as yours...  If ya know any one coming down from marybnough... Then it could be sooner rather than later - missing a group handle.)

Opps... Some one may need to donate a group handle.... OR better still have a dead EM6910 that I can rebuild/ refurbish for Coffee2Di4

PS. 5kg of beans here being used to act as tyre stops for AMD, when she parks the car  ;D

Comment

OT Take in the Syphon to your new employment and see what they think then ;D With you on the Aeropress too.

Comment

Excellent, CJ - Id love the PM (or email if thats easier and you still have my direct addy)...

AM - careful with those beans, at least 1kg if worth almost $100! I might be able to drop by next Saturday on my way back from picking up Pete, although it will probably be a quick stop since the kids and I wont have seen him for six weeks, hell be chronically jet lagged and the hummer is slow slow to drive down narrow streets. Either that, or meet you at Vs or the new place that theyre raving about in W/End.

BF - they might have an issue with me firing up the Syphon, considering Ill be working in an environment surrounded by incendiaries that might go kabloom!

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2F2536282D37440 link=1268434357/4#4 date=1268451548
                  Hi Di,
                  I was planning on taking some photos of my Quaha Napoletana II tonight and putting it up for sale here.  Its essentially the same as the Lelit Combi, just a different name.
                  Will PM you details later tonight or tomorrow, depending on whether my son gives me some time to myself today.  It will be within your budget.
                  Cheers,
                  John
                  Ya teh man...

I guess I need to look after the beans

Comment

Hi Di,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but you cant attach photos by PM.

Below are photos of my Quaha Napoletana II which I purchased ~9 months ago from another member. Here is the thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1243664056 (Im embarassed to say that this member is a far better photographer than I am)

Id like to think its in just as good condition as when I received it. The tamper is a little beauty. Dont know the origins/brand but believe it would have been custom made - flat base and fits basket beautifully.

I used this in the office up until a month ago when I got an HX (NS Oscar).

Ill send you a PM with $ details.

Comment

Excellent, thanks John - PM about to be sent back.

Cheers
                      Di

Comment

!!Sourced!! WTB - Combi Machine in Good Condition

Mods - could you please mark this post as Sourced, thank you.

Cheers
                        Di

Comment

Originally posted by 43647260780B0 link=1268434357/11#11 date=1268516577
                          Mods - could you please mark this post as Sourced, thank you.

Cheers
                          Di
                          Great work every one and a special thanks to John...

That is the additional plus about CSs forum members; we often step up to help others out. A true community.

Comment

!!SOURCED!! - Combi Machine in Good Condition

Its great isnt it!

John actually bought my 6910 and 0480 from me last year, and now hes returning the favour...

Were keeping each other caffeinated!

PS - Isnt that the cutest little stubby tamper!!!  

Comment

Working...
                            X