Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!SOLD!!: KLUB T2 2 grp machine FOR PARTS splitup or whole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!!: KLUB T2 2 grp machine FOR PARTS splitup or whole?

This KLUB T2 has a very small hole in the boiler that weeps a tiny bit, i am not going to attempt to repair it as i consider it then dangerous etc. I am cleaning out my shed and something has to go....

With Andys permission i am offering to split it up for parts if any CSrs are interested.

it does work and i have had it running the procon pump is also cactus (works but bearing is stuffed) control board seems fine, one keypad only 2 buttons work

I am going to keep a couple of bits.

it owes me about $250, so i am going to list the parts with a price that i feel is fair. I hoped to not get stuck with a heap of parts after making it completely non-operable by removing a few bits. so am trying to figure a way that costs are covered and any profit can go to faircrack. You can offer less, i am trying for 1st in gets it, but very low offers does not help everyone.

I thought that you can PM me interested / want email i can compile a "sold" list and update the thread. Once enough is gone it can be split up. The rest can be donated to faircrack or something like that.

Not sure if this is going to work or not but we can try. nothing ventured nothing gained.....

I will (try to) confirm the parts work before i remove them but cannot really offer you a warranty etc, Maybe someone can drop by and have a look and i can fire it up if you want?

when i list a part eg steam wand its for the whole unit / valve, but at this stage not the boiler pipe. price is each postage can be sorted out.

its located in Mosman SYD

Parts
    steam wands                20
    Sirai fill solenoid           25
    Sirai pstat                    30
    Gicar flowmeter            30    
    pump motor                 40 need to confirm this work ok
    dual presure gauge       30
    keypads                       10
    control box                   80
    group head solenoids     20
    group heads                  15
    Group handles               30
    element                        10 ?
    pipes                             5 ?  
    other parts                    ???

now i know if you add it up its more than $250 but not all bits will sell so once the cost is covered with some expected lower offers we can give it to faircrak?

if you offer on a part not listed, it will be added to the thread for transparency with the agreed price (fair?)

feel free to PM me if you want to discuss i have tried to keep it fair and transparent

Leeham

Re: FS: KLUB T2 2 grp machine FOR PARTS splitup or whole?

Bugger... Shame you are not just up the road...

Comment

Originally posted by 3438313C3C35590 link=1269576898/0#0 date=1269576898
      i am not going to attempt to repair it as i consider it then dangerous
      I would expect that a professional silver solder job on the boiler would work fine (assuming its a brass not alloy boiler). Somewhere like car radiator shop could do that and pressure test it in water afterwards.

...just a thought before everyone grabs parts off it!

Originally posted by 18373E3C2B143837383E3C343C372D590 link=1269576898/1#1 date=1269577281
      Shame you are not just up the road...
      CoffeeSnobs proves that everyone is "just up the road". Good freight companies can get stuff coast to coast overnight if needed.

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by 5F707A671E0 link=1269576898/2#2 date=1269578160
        Originally posted by 3438313C3C35590 link=1269576898/0#0 date=1269576898
        i am not going to attempt to repair it as i consider it then dangerous
        I would expect that a professional silver solder job on the boiler would work fine (assuming its a brass not alloy boiler).  Somewhere like car radiator shop could do that and pressure test it in water afterwards.

...just a thought before everyone grabs parts off it!

Originally posted by 18373E3C2B143837383E3C343C372D590 link=1269576898/1#1 date=1269577281
        Shame you are not just up the road...  
        CoffeeSnobs proves that everyone is "just up the road".  Good freight companies can get stuff coast to coast overnight if needed.

;-)

maheel... Can you give me until next EARLY week to look at transport costs ?  PM sent

I need a solid / larger project and as Andy said... Boilers.. Well I have contacts in the area that look after small and large pressure / boilers...

The other bits that are broken not working... Well that right up my ally  

As to condition assessment etc.. Your a regular CSér   Your word is good and if ya missed something... Would not hold that agents ya. Its all in good faith.

Comment

lol

AM is mad , anyway we have discussed and he has 1st dibs on the whole thing if transport can be sorted.

@ Andy the boiler is S steel , and could be an easy weld the weep is right on a join near the element (at 1st i thought the element was loose ) But i dont have any knowledge in welding an to be honest I dont have time right now and want the shed space back (its sitting on my tool box  )

AM
          I am going to take some more pics and send them to him, he can let me know either way. Also will go over it and make a list of any more issues (loose (pull off) knobs is 1 i know)

I will fire it up again just to confirm its running. and make a movie

Comment

If AM doesnt take it Im interested in the Group Handles.
            Is that 30 the pair or each?

Comment

you could have that fixed easily. coffee boilers arent under much pressure at all. would be by no means dangerous if it was fixed by a licenced tradesman.

Comment

Originally posted by 0C2832222920410 link=1269576898/6#6 date=1269598054
                you could have that fixed easily. coffee boilers arent under much pressure at all. would be by no means dangerous if it was fixed by a licenced tradesman.
                Absolutely....

Emphasis on the "Licensed" of course. The best form of repair is usually via TIG or Autogenous methods but can only be certified as safe by an appropriate Govt Inspector so that might be difficult to arrange.

Mal.

Comment

To Anger Management - I bought a Silvia through Coffeesnobs, used E-go couriers. They were quick, bang on time and very reasonable. You arrange the whole thing online - dont need to speak to a soul, and the item arrives magically.

Good luck with the reno if you take it on.

Comment

Originally posted by 3F3C29222F2D3E3E4C0 link=1269576898/8#8 date=1269633679
                    To Anger Management - I bought a Silvia through Coffeesnobs, used E-go couriers. They were quick, bang on time and very reasonable. You arrange the whole thing online - dont need to speak to a soul, and the item arrives magically.

Good luck with the reno if you take it on.
                    Thanks.. I was looking at them and the other one Laceem mentioned; last night.

For those interested...

I am looking forward to a rebuild and like a few others around; will be posting pics and findings once it arrives.

Have sourced User manuals and Full parts breakdown documents.   Will be following up with my contacts who manage / repair and certify boilers and other pressure systems.  I see that there are a few on that bay of evil ;D and it is interesting that in teh completed listings... There does not appear to be many takers... In addition prices ??? Thus; with out access to people who can repair boilers etc and or do electronic repairs and not just buy the parts... I can understand why many may just dispose of their machines etc.

Its not my idea of the rebuild to end all rebuilds and Nor is it about on selling... It is a step in the direction and getting to know equipment and I will be taking on much of what has been learnt and posted by others here.

My goal... An old working gas roaster and an old one or two lever machine...

Note to self: 15A cct to be fitted to the rear deck.

Comment

Originally posted by 567B7F737E120 link=1269576898/7#7 date=1269616670
                      Originally posted by 0C2832222920410 link=1269576898/6#6 date=1269598054
                      Absolutely....

Emphasis on the "Licensed" of course. The best form of repair is usually via TIG or Autogenous methods but can only be certified as safe by an appropriate Govt Inspector so that might be difficult to arrange.

Mal.
                      thanks Mal, i fully agree  

I could have repaired (dodgy), or just sold it without even discussing the leak....  but if something had happened or just the issue of someone coming back and complaining is not what i need....

I would have preferred to part this out if it helped a few, but as AM gives lot to this forum and is very fast at pointing out safety i feel he can make the repair and have it tested. that was not something i wanted to be bothered with.....

anyway i am uploading some vids (its slow...) will post a few links later for those playing at home. sorry about the voice over.... ;D

Leeham

Comment

because everyone loves pictures

vids links, some one let me know they work please
                        1st one i am switching the manual brew switch on to run the pump, thats the one with the bad bearing (surprisingly quite)
                        http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/leeham_2006/?action=view&current=2010_03270015.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nwym2P5fAY

Comment

Originally posted by 7D717875757C100 link=1269576898/11#11 date=1269684511
                          because everyone loves pictures

vids links, some one let me know they work please
                          1st one i am switching the manual brew switch on to run the pump, thats the one with the bad bearing (surprisingly quite)
                          http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k133/leeham_2006/?action=view&current=2010_03270015.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nwym2P5fAY
                          I am impressed...  Must get a video camera and show the end result...

You guys make a better coffee with a dodgy machine that I can do at the best of times ;D

PS...

You sure your not in QLD ? Those riding boots are typical Qld gear

PPS.

When and if I upgrade to a lever OR this unit is moved on... 25% of every $ over $320 that I might get will be passed directly on to FC - on behalf of Myself and Maheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 427E6378727364717972160 link=1269576898/5#5 date=1269590688
                            If AM doesnt take it Im interested in the Group Handles.
                            Is that 30 the pair or each?
                            TG...  I have a couple of spare units from one or two places... A couple of different formats  :

If ya looking for Just one...  PM me what sort ya after and if you can get a couple of the pressurised SB baskets that no one needs etc - The group  is yours  

Comment

Hi all

this is now sold to AM, i am waiting for the truck today....

bagged and tagged ready to go

Mods please lock it off

Comment

Working...
                              X