This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!!: Expobar Minore I and Mazzer Mini

Up for sale is a Minore I and a Mini Mazzer grinder.

What you get:

1. Minore 1 machine with cool touch steam wand;
    2. Original instruction book [ch9786];
    3. Mini Mazzer grinder;
    4. 1 Pullman tamper that Greg made especially for my double basket; and
    5. 1 blind filter.

Condition

All items are about 4 years old (closer to 4 than 3.5) and in very good condition.  I spend a lot of time overseas, in the last 12 months I have been out of the country for 272 days.  My wife doesnt use the machine.  Previous years have not been quite as bad, but I was still away for at least 3 months of the year.  Generally when I am around it would make 2 doubles in the morning during the week, and maybe 4-6 on the weekend.  I guess if you average it out with my absences it would probably be a conservative average of 2 doubles a day.  Which would work out to way less than 100kg total.

Machine

The machine is in very good condition.  As you can see it is very shinny.  I like to polish things and it is largely unmarked.  There are a few light scratches here and there but nothing at all noticeable.  You can see them when you look hard but I had difficulty showing them in pictures or on the video.  (fortunately for everyone I remained clothed).  There is however, a few marks on the top left had side of the machine.  My wife would clip my milk thermometer on there until I realised it was marking it.  Again, you do need to look close to see them and it is not something I really noticed at the time as the grinder was always on that side.  So it wasnt until I was polishing it one day that I noticed them.

Machine has been regularly back flushed.  I would descale it about every 6 months.  I would dump both boilers completely in the process and then refill with citric acid solution and bring it up to temperature.  I would then dump that and flush a few times.  I will descale it and ship the machine with the boilers empty.

The main control board developed a fault earlier in the year and would intermittently refuse to go past 60 degrees on the brew boiler.  Dimatina in Perth replaced the entire board/controller for me.  At about the same time the Teflon tube between the two boliers split.  Dimatina also replaced that.

Other than that I have had no problems with it.

I have also installed a cool touch steam wand.

Grinder

Is also in great condition.  I did however remove the tamper on the front and the finger guard in the doser.  I cannot find them though, so it is minus those two items.

Every time I would descale my machine I would strip the grinder down and clean the doser and grinder chamber and polish things up.  In the pictures there are marks on the burs.  This is just coffee residue and not rust.  I had run out of cleaning solution at the time.

There are a few minor scratches in the hopper and the doser plastic, but really very minor.  There is also some discolouration in the doser where the coffee drops down, but it is just surface stuff, I presume the coffee has eaten away surface layer of the doser interior where it would sit from time to time.
    Note the video of the grinder is before I had actually cleaned it.  It is now cleaned as per the photos and has not been used.

Tamper

Tamper has a slight crack in the wooden handle right down the bottom where it screws in to the base.  It has been that way for a year and hasnt gotten any worst.  It is not loose at all.  I tried to take a picture of it, but I couldnt really bring it out.

Pickup/viewing/Delivery

Both can be viewed or collected in Applecross (Perth).

I will also ship anywhere via TNT road express.  I will package both up in separate boxes with a can of expander foam to ensure it doesnt move around or get damaged in transit.  I will also strap both boxes to a pallet for added security and to ensure nothing is damaged.

If you are quick you could have it before xmas.

Price  

The last remaining issue…..

I was thinking all in including delivery to a capital city for $2,300.

I could also split the two if need be, but I would prefer them to go to a good home together as it would be a shame to split them up.

Pictures/Video

Pictures in subsequent posts.
    Videos here.  Please excuse the photography and the heavy breathing (I had the flu)  Also the beans were about a month old and I had run out of milk so I only had one shot at latte art and I folded under the pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfzbEU6bS1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpI5kx7txp4

Reason for selling???

I have been very happy with both the machine and the grinder.  I had started thinking I would buy a conical grinder and install a rotary pump and plumb it in (if I could convince my wife to let me drill a hole through the stone bench top).  That somehow moved on to a LM GS3 and a Mazzer Kony, which I ordered 6 months ago.  Steve at Dimatina promises me my new machine by next week, so fingers crossed.

PM me or give me a call 0403 983 622 if you would like more information or some higher res pictures.

Re: FS: Expobar Minore I and Mazzer Mini

Pictures of the Machine

Comment

Some more pictures of my camera

Comment

Grinder

Comment

more grinder

Comment

final pics

Comment

final one with the Pullman logo

Comment

This has got to be the most comprehensive 4-Sale Thread Ive ever seen...

Excellent work Clinto and heres to a great sale outcome... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Too much time on my hands and being an obsessive geek I guess. I just figured more I formation will lead to a better decision and outcome for everyone. I always wonder about ebayers with a one line description and a file photo. Maybe I went to the other extreme though.

Comment

Also I can accept paypal Too. If that is easier for you

Comment

just wondering would you be willing to sell the mazzer mini separately

Comment

yep I am open to seperating them. I had thought it would be nicer for someone to get both. I may have sold the machine, that is still pending.

However, two other people did express an interest in the grinder, so I would give them first dibs. But will let people know. Unfortunately I had to go overseas yesterday am may not be back until next week, so I dont think it is going to be a xmas present for anyone.

Clint

Comment

Hi there (first post)

Whats the status of your sale??? Have they made someone happy for Xmas, or is it gonna be a Happy New Year for someone?

Thanks

Adrian

Comment

As it turned out, my GS3 didnt quite make it before xmas, so fortunately I still have them both for sale (all the cafes around me have been shut for over a week so it would have been a bit tough without it).

So it could be a happy new year for someone

I have my Kony though. However, I have dissasembled it to repaint it a Laborghini orange as I didnt like the silver. So once I get that back together I will probably seperate them and sell them individually if they dont go together before then.

Clint

Comment

Thread tidied.

Interested members are best to contact the OP via PM to discuss price, postage or purchase of individual items.

2mcm
                              mod team

Comment

Working...
                              X