Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collectors - fully fixed and working Vesuviana!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectors - fully fixed and working Vesuviana!

Model EX3, electric - stovetop Vesuviana - circa 1940-1950. In great condition, fully refurbished and working.
    Made by Salton, LTD in Italy. 240 V Full stainless steel espresso maker with all the parts and healthy black bakelite handle and top nob. Everything is original and makes the traditional espresso proud.
    Pick up only from Brisbane and the price is $250.00.
    Picture is included. Enjoy!

N.B.

Gday "Del Pietro"...... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Can you keep image size to a maximum of 800(W)x600(H) pixels (about 100KB) please mate? Larger images can slow down page loading considerably, especially for people with limited bandwidth connections.....

If you are unsure about how to easily resize your images,
    this link will hopefully assist .

Thanks,
    Mal.

Re: Collectors - fully fixed and working Vesuviana!

Would you kindly clarify as the machine depicted does not seem to be a 1940s - 1950s model....or is it just that late type plastic knobs, handles, coffee filter and electrics have been retrofitted????? Did they make electric Vesuvianas in those days, and are you sure Salton was involved in manufacture of such early models?

I love these machines and have both a genuine early stove top (actually a family heirloom) Vesuviana and a late electric copy and will be happy to check them both at work tomorrow to see how they compare.

Might be room for one more? 

Regardz,
    Attilio

Comment

What is the lot number on the bottom of the main unit?

If possible please post a picture of the bottom of the main unit so we can see exactly what is forged/stamped there. This can help narrow down the manufacture date.

Java "Has two 120v models." phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Here are 2 photos of my Vesuviana

I purchased it new in Milan, Italy, in July 1981.
        It served us well for many years & was always a great talking point at dinner parties.
        As far as I know the black parts: Pitcher handle, group handle & the 3 feet are all Bakelite.  The screw in cap top may be plastic, Im not sure.
        Originally posted by 57767F4C437A7667617C130 link=1300784225/0#0 date=1300784225
        Full stainless steel
        Im also fairly confident the metal is aluminium.
        There is only the number 7 stamped on the base of the unit, just under the Vesuviana brand logo.
        Regards
        Macca

Comment

Originally posted by 54585A5A580B08090F390 link=1300784225/3#3 date=1301103910
          Im also fairly confident the metal is aluminium.
          I would agree as the two EX-3s that I have (Which other than being 120v models are identical to the one in the pictures posted by Del Pietro as far as I can tell.) are clearly polished aluminum and not stainless steel. Ive never seen an EX-3 made from stainless steel, only aluminum.

Java "Double check the metals composition" phile

Comment

You are right! it is an aluminium cast. I checked.
            I do appreciate the help with its age and make. So here is the picture of the bottom. Looking forward to the next message. I am keen to sell for the right price.

Comment

The last EX-3 I saw with that bottom was purchased new in England approximately 20 years ago. Beyond that little bit Im afraid I dont have any further info that could help narrow the age further.

Java "Fun with toys" phile

Comment

Working...
              X