X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!SOLD!!! - FS: La Pavoni Professional - Manual Lever

Hi all

Selling my la pav - such a symbol of coffee beauty but alas she has to go.

Reason for sale?  Unfortunately I just dont have the patience to learn all the nuances with a manual lever (although I know its capabable of ridiculously good shots!) and am looking at saving up for another machine.

Recently got it inspected by euroespresso (sole importer here in sydney), and they said its in great condition.  With some new seals itd be as brand new! (but ill leave that to the future owner  )

DETAILS

* 2004 Model (post millenium)
    * Works perfectly - element heats up very quickly and steam power is crazy!
    * Comes with single basket filter only
    * No whacky milk frother attachement either sorry
    * even if your coffee isnt great, she looks beautiful and everyone will be impressed  instantly increases the "bling" factor of your kitchen ten fold
    * brand new is $1300, selling for $700

Re: FS: La Pavoni Professional - Manual Lever

Hi. How long have you had this for?

Comment

hi quickling

Ive had it for just over a month (bought it from someone else). Tried it a few times, got some reasonable results, but couldnt see myself using a manual lever in the long run. I gave up pretty easily haha.

was almost convinced to get back into it by the euroespresso guy just last week who kept telling me ill never get a better shot from any other machine

Comment

Hes right, I get amazing shots with mine. Took me about a month to get to know it, and Ive worked as a barista in the past. Coupled with a good grinder (I have a mazzer mini), they do beautiful shots, although frothing milk on it is annoying.
        Lucky I drink short blacks.

Whoever gets this will have a ball.

Comment

Apparently the trick with steaming milk is to get or make a 1 hole steam tip. Easy fix and the results look great. Same solution for lots of other machines, not just the Pav.

Comment

Karmann, yeah, I heard that and it does work but the milk wand angle is all wrong. You CAN do good milk on them once you work out the quirks. Whoever buys this machine will love it

Comment

Keep the thread On Topic please guys...

Only comments relating to the sale of the item.

Thanks,
              Mal.

Comment

price drop $650

Comment

Im going on holidays for a week so thought it was time for another PRICE DROP - $600

PM me and ill get back to you as soon as I can

Comment

Had some enquiries about accessories - forgot to mention it comes with double sided convex base tamper.

Ive got a spare milk jug I can throw in too if you need one

Comment

Hiya Iggs,
                      Im worryingly tempted by this machine (if you still have it?), just trying to work out how much it would cost me in total. You mentioned new seals might be needed, are the current ones noticeably underperforming? Which seals in particular (group head, piston, etc)?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 2A2D263F2A293A262D3B480 link=1311734244/10#10 date=1313805056
                        Hiya Iggs,
                        Im worryingly tempted by this machine (if you still have it?), just trying to work out how much it would cost me in total. You mentioned new seals might be needed, are the current ones noticeably underperforming? Which seals in particular (group head, piston, etc)?
                        Thanks 

Hi ben

I personally didnt notice any "underperfomance", but thats not saying much because Im no where near an expert on the machine! (but no leaks etc)

Euroespresso didnt mention specifics in terms of seals, but just said a new "set" would bring it up to pretty much brand new.
                        (I know other CSer have bought seal kits themselves and done it quite easily. Im sure that would be much cheaper)

happy for you to view it/test it out as much as you want

iggs

Comment

a complete seal set is around $50 i think? But you can select what you need as I did and it costs only around $20-30 at most. The install is very easy.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Rukudu. Sounds like an easy enough job indeed.

Comment

Gday mate,
                              Still available?
                              I am interested if it is.
                              James

Comment

Working...
                              X