This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 pressure gauge upgrade. Does not affect warranty

Inspired by posts in the owners thread, I have developed a pressure gauge to help BES900 owners achieve that elusive extraction at an indicated pressure of nine bar.

This gauge HAS been fully calibrated and tested as accurate +/- 9bar

It is hard to place a dollar value on such a stupendously useful tool, but in line with posting policy, shall we say $50 (negotiable). Includes mounting hardware.

Due to the cunning design, it will not affect manufacturers warranty.

Will upload a photo later when I get a chance.

Re: Breville BES900 pressure gauge upgrade. Does not affect warranty

Originally posted by 636B656D6F757569656D060 link=1314330828/0#0 date=1314330828
    Will upload a photo later when I get a chance.
    Cant wait! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Im glad you have used the term "developed" because Im pretty sure that Dennis did the design work ;D

Comment

If its a piece of cardboard and some blu-tac Dennis could bundle it with the BDB and SG

Comment

Originally posted by 4F4749414359594549412A0 link=1314330828/0#0 date=1314330828
          This gauge HAS been fully calibrated and tested as accurate +/- 9bar
          Thus allowing you to achieve the mythical 18 bars of pressure on some machines.

Comment

Photo of gauge and mounting hardware.
            You will notice the greeen band is pretty narrow, but that is unlikely to be a problem in normal use, bear in kind it is what is in the cup that counts.

Any money raised goes to faircrack.

Full credit to Dennis for spurring me into action on this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 4149474F4D57574B474F240 link=1314330828/5#5 date=1314356635
              Photo of gauge and mounting hardware.
              You will notice the greeen band is pretty narrow, but that is unlikely to be a problem in normal use, bear in kind it is what is in the cup that counts.

Any money raised goes to faircrack.

Full credit to Dennis for spurring me into action on this idea.
              Cack!

Below, my donation to Faircrack. I would have paid the whole $50 asking price if the circle was a bit erm...round.

No need to post it out. Someone else is likely to need it more than me.

Cheers!

CoffeeSnobs Order #82994
              Item Number 82994 $20.78 AUD 1 $20.78 AUD
              Subtotal $20.78 AUD
              Total $20.78 AUD
              Payment $20.78 AUD

Comment

$20.78? An unusual amount, but a good result. Im happy with that ;D

FYI, Mark 1 was rounder, but not as colourful.

Im considering another version, using an Arduino controller and LCD display to give the necessary bling factor and re-programmability (a prelude to more advanced programming and roaster control). That would obviously be a longer term project but, in this case, time to market seemed important.

Comment

nice gesture Dennis 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 6A626C64667C7C606C640F0 link=1314330828/7#7 date=1314359494
                    $20.78? An unusual amount, but a good result. Im happy with that
                    Geez Who me?

I walked into Domayne armed with a copy of this discussion as well as the obligatory email pricing offer and then sat in the comfy chair while the sales assistant rang to to get an ETA. Best I could get was a 15% discount, so I paid $42.50 and they told me they wont have any for a few weeks anyway.

Can you ramp up production and send out a few advance gauges to Den seeing as he supported you and promoted it here from the drawing board stage?  I heard he was going to package a free papier-mâché Scace device so that we could each check that your gauge works as you claim it does.  :-?

I reckon they will be on sale at the majors for $10 in their Xmas sales anyway  :P

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 7A253D2B202B272E2E2D2D252926480 link=1314330828/9#9 date=1314361254
                      Can you ramp up production and send out a few advance gauges to Den seeing as he supported you and promoted it here from the drawing board stage? 
                      Nope, this part of the forum is for members to sell their personal stuff only. Cant start selling as a business since Im not a sponsor

I might do a bit more work and come up with something that could be sold by site sponsors, or beanbay. Would need to be a somewhat more polished product though.

Comment

$0.78 - paypal take their cut.

Comment

Originally posted by 070F01090B11110D0109620 link=1314330828/10#10 date=1314362019
                          Would need to be a somewhat more polished product though.
                          You could laminate them...that would make them a bit more "polished"!! ;D

Comment

Do you take GE finance?

Comment

Is there a patent or could I just copy this wonderful innovation?

Comment

Working...
                              X