Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!SOLD!! Compak K8 Silenzio (I couldnt figure out what was wrong)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!SOLD!! Compak K8 Silenzio (I couldnt figure out what was wrong)

See this thread for backstory: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1313415426

Originally picked it up from eBay (http://www.evilbay.com.au/itm/250860849312#ht_500wt_922), stripped and cleaned it, put it back together and changed the burrs. Few scratches and chips here and there, as expected for an ex-commercial grinder of its age. The auto-fill mechanism has been removed for easy chute accesss and it will grind when switched on. I just cant figure out why it wont grind fine enough.

Trying to recoup some of what I paid for it, so looking for $300ono.

Pickup only (3196). Will put up some more pictures over the weekend.

Tim

Re: [MELB] Compak K8 Silenzio (I couldnt figure out what was wrong)

Following from your previous thread above, did you end up measuring the burrs for parrallelness (is that even a proper word??)

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 2D3E38212D224C0 link=1315571754/1#1 date=1315573404
      Following from your previous thread above, did you end up measuring the burrs for parrallelness (is that even a proper word??)

Cheers
      I didnt do a proper measurement but I tried the pencil technique, and also looked at it spinning through the chute and to the best of my knowledge it was parallel.

Comment

Any pictures yet?

Comment

Sorry for the long long wait (uni is now finished forever ).....

All pics can be found here: http://imageshack.us/g/695/imagetad.jpg/

The hopper only sits on top, rather than locking. This is how it came, there is a pic that shows the base of it - doesnt seem to affect the function. The bean gate pull tab looks like it has also been snapped, so it is slightly more difficult to open and close.

The new burrs that I purchased are currently on the grinder, but you can see a pic of the burrs that came with the grinder originally at the end (still look okay as well?).

There is a pic of the auto-fill mechanism that has been taken out, as well as a metal part of the doser that was removed by the previous owner (unsure why, but the doser mechanism works). I applied some tape to the vanes and the doser sweeps quite clean as well.

Anyway, still looking for $300 ONO to try and recoup costs

Tim

Comment

$250 ONO

Comment

This is now sold - thanks Ted! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X